Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   SEMA: Dodge Challenger Super Sport Rocks New 392 Hemi (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/sema-dodge-challenger-super-sport-rocks-new-392-hemi-779/)

Jeremiah 29:11 11-14-2006 06:58 PM

RE: SEMA: Dodge Challenger Super Sport Rocks New 392 Hemi

Good response 1 Bad Mirada. I totally forgot that was there.

Bottom line is if you look at the long laundry list of engine parts, just a few changes and you can really boost the performance.

1 Bad Mirada 11-15-2006 09:50 AM

that piece is new...well, kind of new. i wrote it about a week ago, and the programmer just got to put it up recently.

RLSH700 11-15-2006 01:27 PM

Okay, thanks for explaining that. Regardless how they did it, 525 hp & 510 ft-lbs of tq is a lot of power for a NA, 2-valves per cylinder 392 cubic inch engine.

1 Bad Mirada 11-15-2006 03:34 PM

for the time, compared to other NA cars it is, but with around 9 to 1 compression, the mirada is making around 477 at the crank with a 346.

RLSH700 11-18-2006 03:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

for the time, compared to other NA cars it is, but with around 9 to 1 compression, the mirada is making around 477 at the crank with a 346.
True but that isn't a factory job as the 392 is. If we are going to compare factory to modified engines, then the modified engines are going to win because when a person modifies their engine they aren't holding back as the company does.

Comparing a factory output to an aftermarket job is like comparing apples to oranges. The aftermarket is going to be superior; otherwise, a person wouldn't spend their time and money fixing up the engine in the first place.

What I meant was that for a engine from the factory with no aftermarket additions while being NA and 2 valve-per-cylinder, that is very good by now day standards.

1 Bad Mirada 11-18-2006 09:41 AM

i agree that it is very good for a "Stock" engine, but my motor is actually below stock specifications. i believe that the stock pistons for a 69 340 were around 10.5 to 1, where mine are around 9 to 1...im running factory heads, and i was running a factory cast iron intake manifold until a few years ago...but the car ran high to mid 13s with the stock manifold and the same carter carb that a 340 4bbl would have come with back then.

however, if you compare this 392 to a normal production motor, i would be willing to bet that it is almost as modified as my 340 is...i dont know what exhaust they use, but id be willing to bet that they are using some sort of high flow headers and exhaust system, as well as a bigger cam

RLSH700 11-19-2006 08:18 PM

True your compression is lower than stock; however, you have modified your engine in other ways. Even if they do modify it in the same way, the fact that the 392 would have come that way from the factory makes it "stock" by definition.