Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Spy Photos: 2008 Dodge Challenger R/T in All Colors

Old 02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spy Photos: 2008 Dodge Challenger R/T in All Colors

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=124983

Date posted: 02-29-2008

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — Dodge's Challenger SRT8 recently made its formal debut at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, and now the 2008 Challenger R/T is gearing up to make its first official appearance at the upcoming 2008 New York Auto Show.

Caught testing in Northern Michigan by a layman spy photographer, the Challenger R/T reveals itself in three production colors — black, silver and orange, but all are without the "carbon" hood stripe that's unique to the SRT8 model. Different wheels also help distinguish these R/T Challengers from their SRT counterparts.

Much like the relationship between the Dodge Charger SRT8 and R/T, the Challenger R/T is expected to use the smaller 335-hp 5.7-liter V8 as opposed to the SRT8's bigger 425-horsepower 6.1-liter V8.

Although official specifications won't be announced until the New York show, the Challenger R/T is also expected to be the first Challenger model to offer a manual transmission. The SRT8 comes standard with a five-speed automatic for 2008.

What this means to you: A welcome preview prior to its bow in the Big Apple. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Spy Photos: 2008 Dodge Challenger R/T in All Colors

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. — Dodge's Challenger SRT8 recently made its formal debut at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, and now the 2008 Challenger R/T is gearing up to make its first official appearance at the upcoming 2008 New York Auto Show.

Caught testing in Northern Michigan by a layman spy photographer, the Challenger R/T reveals itself in three production colors — black, silver and orange, but all are without the "carbon" hood stripe that's unique to the SRT8 model. Different wheels also help distinguish these R/T Challengers from their SRT counterparts.

Much like the relationship between the Dodge Charger SRT8 and R/T, the Challenger R/T is expected to use the smaller 335-hp 5.7-liter V8 as opposed to the SRT8's bigger 425-horsepower 6.1-liter V8.

Although official specifications won't be announced until the New York show, the Challenger R/T is also expected to be the first Challenger model to offer a manual transmission. The SRT8 comes standard with a five-speed automatic for 2008.

What this means to you: A welcome preview prior to its bow in the Big Apple. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor
Good grief! What did they do, hire the editors that used to work at MT? The offering in the Charger is 340hp or 350hp depending on what trim package. The 335hp version of the 5.7L is offered on the Durango/Aspen. Plus it is supposed to get the updated version of the 5.7L Hemi with VCT. Get your facts straight EDMUNDS.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Good grief! What did they do, hire the editors that used to work at MT? The offering in the Charger is 340hp or 350hp depending on what trim package. The 335hp version of the 5.7L is offered on the Durango/Aspen. Plus it is supposed to get the updated version of the 5.7L Hemi with VCT. Get your facts straight EDMUNDS.

When I saw it was on Edmunds I didn't bother reading the article. I did look at the pictures though. I am a little bummed that they don't have the carbon fiber decals on the hood of the R/T though... It makes the hood look mean.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Other than the decals, it is certainly hard to see the difference from the SRT.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:08 PM

They are hard to tell apart, besides the stripes and wheels.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:17 PM

I like the R/T wheels better
Old 03-01-2008, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

I like the R/T wheels better

Same here, Joey. I also like the lack of carbon striping, which in my opinion detracts from the car's appearance. Also, it doesn't appear to have the rear spoiler, which means I wouldn't have to bother getting it removed. I'm DEFINITELY going for an R/T.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 AM

Guess they also didn't get the memo that the 5.7 Hemi is supposed to get a boost to 380 hp for 09.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

66Cuda,

I am a little bummed that they don't have the carbon fiber decals on the hood of the R/T though... It makes the hood look mean.
I'm indifferent to the stripes, but don't stress, if they don't exist now even, the aftermarket applications will be available soon!

Heck, I bet there's some folks devising a fiber glass hood w/ racing pins and a functioning (insert scoop thread here) scoop (air induction).

Myself, I like them there, but happy w/ em gone as well.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

I think the 5.7L Challenger R/T will be the best value in the performance lineup, especially with it have MDS and VCT.

I bet they sell the most of these in the long haul. Of course, the younger crowd will get the V-6 and we need it to keep the Challenger alive.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Quick Reply: Spy Photos: 2008 Dodge Challenger R/T in All Colors