Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

strange trunk line

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strange trunk line

Here is a strange issue that I keep seeing in this other forum the truck is out of aline
Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Default RE: strange trunk line

Here it the trunk in orange

Old 02-09-2008, 07:21 PM

OK, again it's not production. Funny thing, back in 1970 this would have not been a issue. Imagine that...
Old 02-09-2008, 07:37 PM

hmmm why wouldnt this be a production car. They have stated the line and Im sure there is some fine tuning to be completed prior to delivery. I dont understand why you say this is not production?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:41 PM

Did you look at the pics? If this is production and acceptable to you, that is not good..[:@]

ORIGINAL: Cheekie

hmmm why wouldnt this be a production car. They have stated the line and Im sure there is some fine tuning to be completed prior to delivery. I dont understand why you say this is not production?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Well this not acceptable to me I brought this forward to inform others.
Go check the pick out on your own at challengertalk.com

So the challys debut in the unveiling where the concept why would they do that dont they want to sell the production version?[sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 02-10-2008, 12:13 AM

Thats not production vehicle.. from the looks of it the hood on the black SRT looks like it was opened and not shut all the way I'm a reckin. The orange on the hand does look to be a bad body line for sure. But I agree with Paladin on this, if anyone takes ownership of vehicle like that then, well, just wow!

edit part: Here's a link to Motor Trend online with the silver one... trunk line is fine.
http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows.../photo_24.html
Old 02-10-2008, 01:17 AM

Personally, I think it's that damned spoiler. Probably doesn't fit right because of that. My 1970 Challenger didn't have a spoiler. The 2006 concept Challenger didn't have a spoiler. This car shouldn't have a spoiler, either. Or a Ram's head insignia on the front end for that matter.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:41 AM

From the angle the black chally looked like it had it's trunk open/unlatched.

But that orange one looks like they missed getting the trunk shape to match the rear quarter. That isn't a simple adjustment of the hinge.

What a shame they put this in a car they are calling "production". Just like the unfinished undercarriage/undertrunk views shown.

If that's the fit and finish I see when real production challys come in, I'm buying something else.

Eric
Old 02-10-2008, 05:08 AM

I've been to hundreds of car shows where the hoods, doors, trunks have been open or just barely shut. I definitely see a difference between makes when say a door is not completely closed, the gaps are a lot closer than say cars from the 90's - basically meaning cars today close & "seal" better than before, if these newer cars are not completely
"shut", it can look like the cars been in an accident or a misaligned panel. On both my 300C & Ram, when the doors or trunk is not totally closed, they look just like the black car, The orange car looks like the trunk panel is not with in spec.

Quick Reply: strange trunk line