Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2008

Old 04-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2008

Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2008

April 8, 2008

by Darren Jacobs, Team Mopar

CENTER LINE, Mich. -- Team Mopar driver Samuel Hübinette is ready to unleash Chrysler LLC’s redefinition of the modern American muscle car on the world of drifting. The two-time Formula Drift champion will debut a new HEMI-powered Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 drift car during the 2008 Formula D campaign.

“The passion surrounding the Challenger is amazing,” observed Hübinette, who will drive his Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10 at the Formula Drift Round One: Streets of Long Beach event while his Challenger is made ready. “The 2009 Dodge Challenger reveal at the New York International Auto Show in March received so much publicity. It was plastered all over newspapers, magazines and Web sites. I think bringing a modern-day muscle machine to Formula D will spur interest from motorsports enthusiasts across several generations. And the car’s shorter wheelbase is suited perfectly for drifting. I can’t wait to get sideways in my new Challenger.”

“We’re very excited that Sam will drift the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 this year,” said Rob Richard, Director - Mopar Parts, Sales and Service Marketing, Chrysler LLC. “The response to the Challenger’s introduction has been overwhelming. And I’m sure the reaction will be the same when Sam’s drift Challenger debuts. We feel this is the best vehicle to take Sam and Shaun [Carlson] to a third championship, while also giving Mopar the opportunity to showcase our performance parts and power enhancements for the new Dodge Challenger.”

“We received the Challenger body earlier this year, and we’ve been working nearly 24/7 to modify it into a HEMI-powered drift machine,” said Shaun Carlson, team owner and head of NuFormz Racing. “The Mopar Dodge Charger SRT8 Sam drifted last year exceeded expectations. We took the win at Summit Point in only the third event with the Charger, and I know that shocked a lot of folks in the sport. A number of parts from the Charger have been co-opted for the new drift car.”

Carlson added, “The Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 offers unique performance and marketing opportunities. I think it’s a perfect fit for Sam and the NuFormz team.”

Hübinette will drift the Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10 while his Dodge Challenger is readied Hübinette will steer a Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10, the same model he campaigned to a ’06 Formula D title, while team owner Carlson and his NuFormz Racing crew put the finishing touches on the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8. Both Hübinette’s Viper and Challenger will carry the new Mopar “Liquid Metal” paint scheme. The “Crazy Swede” is eager to hit the drift course on the Streets of Long Beach in his trusted Viper SRT10.

“I’m stoked. I took part in a drift demo at a recent Chrysler LLC LX vehicle car show (Dodge Charger, Magnum and Chrysler 300C). The Mopar Dodge Viper SRT10 handled awesome,” said Hübinette. “I told Shaun not to change a thing on the set up. The BFG tires were providing amazing grip. It’s best not to rush out the Challenger and I feel real comfortable behind the wheel of the Viper. I want nothing less than to bring back the Formula D title for Mopar and BFGoodrich.”

Formula Drift Round One: Streets of Long Beach event details The Formula Drift Round One: Streets of Long Beach event is scheduled for April 12 in Long Beach, Calif. The media day and practice is April 11. For ticket and event information, visit http://www.formuladrift.com.

70 Years of Mopar When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.

Originally used in the 1920s, Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of an
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2008

That will be cool to watch.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2

I AGREE 1000%
Old 04-15-2008, 04:46 PM

Default RE: Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2008

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Both Hübinette’s Viper and Challenger will carry the new Mopar “Liquid Metal” paint scheme. The “Crazy Swede” is eager to hit the drift course on the Streets of Long Beach in his trusted Viper SRT10.
Don't suppose "Liquid Metal" will be an optional paint scheme on the factory Challenger, eh?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

I am getting the impression there will be several companies similiar to Rousch that may have some really cool custom offerings with the Challenger. I am sure that will cost ,but it will be interesting to see what they provide in terms of looks and performance enhancements modifications.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:37 AM

Default RE: Team Mopar Formula Drift Driver Samuel Hübinette will Debut the Mopar Dodge Challenger SRT8 in 2

I was all hyped up for liquid metal, but it's not that crazy: http://blogs.moparmusclemagazine.com...ool/index.html