Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Samuel Hubinette Building New Dodge Challenger for Formula Drift Series

Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samuel Hubinette Building New Dodge Challenger for Formula Drift Series

I know most of the people on here think of the Challenger as a muscle car and drag car, but I just read an article over at Challengerenthusiast.net about some guy that is putting the Challenger on the map in a different way, drifting. Check it out.

Source: Challengerenthusiast.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently came across some information about the upcoming Formula Drift Series. Normally, drifting is centered around Japanese tuner cars with small displacement engines with big turbochargers. However, the exception to that rule is Samuel Hubinette. “The Crazy Swede” as he is known has broken the mold by piloting a Dodge Viper SRT10 in the series. The Mopar sponsored Viper has served him well the past few seasons, but now Sam wants a new challenge, or should we say, a Challenger. That’s right, for the upcoming season, “The Crazy Swede” will be drifting a new Dodge Challenger SRT8 in the Formula Drift Series. I was fortunate enough to get a few words in with Sam last week and he said that the car is nearly completed and ready for competition. Check out below for a few pictures of the build. As soon as the car is finished, we should be posting pictures of the completed project. We are very anxious to see how Sam does as he again blazes a new path in the drifting world. Go get ‘em Sam!

Check out Sam’s website at: http://www.toxicdrift.com for more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That rocks! Challenger + Sideways = Fun.