Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

What New Zealand thinks.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What New Zealand thinks.

I don't think they would make Dodge's there anymore because the cost of living is too high.

Waiting for Dodge
30 July 2006
By DAVE MOORE
The Press

Forty years on, the Dodge brand returns to New Zealand, with the Caliber hatch the appetiser.

It's red and black, and uses a ram graphic to elicit the idea of strength and durability. No, it's not Canterbury's new branding for the Air New Zealand Championship – although it could be – but it's all about Dodge, Chrysler's biggest-selling nameplate.

The marque with the ram-tough image is returning to New Zealand with the line "Grab Life By The Horns".

After an absence of more than 40 years, the Chrysler Group will re- launch Dodge to the New Zealand market in August, when it unveils the new Caliber, the first of a new line of models that will appear under the Dodge 'shield and sheep' over the next few years.

Brett Aspden, general manager of Chrysler Group New Zealand, says the brand, well-known for its bold and aggressive styling, has a live-life- to-the-fullest attitude.

"The Dodge attitude sets it apart from other brands, exemplified by its slogan Grab Life By The Horns. You only have to look at the vehicles that wear the Dodge name and you can see the brand is more edgy and more out-there," says Aspden.

That attitude has been fostered by larger-than-life vehicles such as the Dodge Viper sports car, Dodge Ram truck and the new Dodge Challenger muscle car that the company has now confirmed it will build and launch in 2008 after wowing the public with the concept version at this year's Detroit Show. The Dodge Challenger will be built on the Hemi V8-powered platform of the Chrysler 300C.

Until now we've only seen a limited number of Dodge models trickle into New Zealand, mostly as private imports to satisfy enthusiasts.

In its home market in the United States, Dodge is the third-largest American vehicle brand and the top seller and oldest nameplate in the Chrysler Group. It is not really a stranger to New Zealand shores, as Dodge vehicles were assembled here from the early 1930s to early 1960s.

The Dodge break-out from the American market and into countries around the world is part of an ambitious product-offensive plan by DaimlerChrysler to increase international sales by 1 million units over the next 10 years. The Dodge Caliber will hit New Zealand roads next month.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.