Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Why the New Dodge Challenger Will Sell

Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why the New Dodge Challenger Will Sell

Awesome and menacing looking!

Why the New Dodge Challenger Will Sell
March 16, 2007

How do we know the new Dodge Challenger will sell? Simple: The future muscle car looks great in black. Before a new model is released, we usually only see it in one or two shades of paint. Because of the trouble with photographing a black car at car shows, or in even more controlled settings, car companies rarely show a new car off in black. Dodge made an exception for the Challenger last week.

Now, almost any car looks better in black because it hides flaws in the design, but when black makes the car look mean, tough, even menacing, then it’s the color you have to pick. The Dodge Challenger will hit the streets in 2008, and the production version will debut at next year’s Chicago Auto Show in February. That hasn’t stopped Dodge from showing off the concept version many times. Most recently, it displayed this matte black version tuned by Mopar as a pseudo racecar in Detroit. We bugged Chrysler’s PR department to get us some photos, and they responded with the ones below. Now, tell us this thing doesn’t look great in black?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/AAEFA7983C00426A80447BBAD7B795D1.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Default RE: Why the New Dodge Challenger Will Sell

Yea its looks great in black but, i dont understand where it says black hides flaws.. Black shows everything well that flat black might hide everything, but white hides flaws.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:37 PM

Jeremiah,

I believe the Dodge Challenger will sell in great numbers as per DCX projections. I believe 50,000 the 1st year, perhaps a dip to 40,000 the 2nd year, a jump to 50,000 its 3rd year with the convertible.(my guesstimate.)

In any event, according to our age poll, it certainly demostrates the Challengers wide appeal over a wide age gap. We prognosticated that the over 40 yrs + group will be drawn to it because of its nostalgic value. Many of these 40 yr+ members remember seeing the 70's Dodge Challengers on the road and lusting after them.[sm=pimp.gif]

Surprisingly, the 20 something group is also drawn to it muscular looks. I've seen more and more young fellas buying up 70's and 80's large GM vehicles for their smooth ride, chrome laden vehicles, and smooth powerful V8's under their bonnets. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Perhaps, they have also figured out that its real fun having the young ladies cuddling up to you in the large bench seats while cruising down Main street with your arm slung up on the bench seat cradling the young ladies shoulders. [sm=Awwww.gif]

now I'm torn between Menacing Black, [sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif][sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Hemi Orange, [sm=shades.gif][sm=shades.gif][sm=shades.gif]

and Sunburst Gold! (wish I knew the real name)[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 03:24 AM

I think young folks have only had rice burning drifters to get excited about for the last few years. OK, So you bought an old Honda CRX and tweaked it until you got 260 HP out of it. For a car that weighs 12 lbs. that's great. As far as style...zip, zero, nada. I think that example sums up most of the offerings for young folks the last decade or so (I am sure there were 1 or 2 decent cars too).

Enter the rebirth of Pony muscle. Style is tremendous, tons of HP, and chicks will dig 'em. Need I say more.

If I was a high school kid my heavy metal posters would make room for some Challenger pics & I'd have been on the old man like crazy to buy one.

[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 03-17-2007, 09:45 AM

I agree i had an Eagle talon Esi, i tuboe'd and so on i liked it back when i was in high school it was the cool thing.. But was i ever stupid for putting all that money into it. It was still mopar but doesnt hold a candle near the new Challenger. Here is a pic of it. My generation of kids were screwed, hondas and subuwhos [:@] .
Old 03-18-2007, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: McDonald

I agree i had an Eagle talon Esi, i tuboe'd and so on i liked it back when i was in high school it was the cool thing.. But was i ever stupid for putting all that money into it. It was still mopar but doesnt hold a candle near the new Challenger. Here is a pic of it. My generation of kids were screwed, hondas and subuwhos [:@] .

Nothing wrong with a Japanese car thats quick. You can almost gaurantee that the Challenger won't even approach the bang for the buck that I got with my Subaru. Style though? The Challenger wins by a long shot there. With my Subaru I wanted performance, engineering, and reliable everyday transportation (in that order). My next will be a cruiser though so the Challenger seems to be right up my alley. I'll take one in orange.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:47 AM

Some younguns don't like the ricer theme. When I was 13 I was in the hunt for a musclecar. I was able to buy a 68 charger RT by the time I was 16. When everyone was driving around in there 4 bangers, I was a rumbling around in a big block[sm=badbadbad.gif]. There's nothing wrong with that those type of cars, it's just not my thing. I've always been a Mopar fan since as long as I remember.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:05 PM

I agree ^^^^^^.. Here is a pic of my talon. Yes it looks like an eclipse because i had eclipse head lights front bumper and rear spoiler. But the talon tail lights are still in and rear bumper.

[IMG]local://upfiles/703/8B777A9E75474EE1A195AA12F7C35101.jpg[/IMG]