Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

B5 Blue Clasic

Old 03-01-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: B5 Blue Clasic

B5 blue is and was the metallic blue MoPar offered. Its a medium blue, Petty blue or B3 blue is a lighter blue non-metallic that is not offered on the current Challenger. The challenger classic in the brochure is B5 blue.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:39 AM

A B5 Charger Super Bee
Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 AM

Whens the next batch of colors due out? Plum crazy I hear is next, then sublime. anyone know when.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM

Ok, I'm confused. Johnny Jet is saying that B5 blue is a medium blue and that Petty / B3 blue is a lighter, non-metallic blue. In the various pictures I have, the Charger Super Bee looks lighter and non-metallic, but the Petty car looks medium and metallic. Is everyone really sure that the Charger Super Bee is B5 (or at least the same B5 as will be used on the Classic R/T)? I have one on order so I need to know asap.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: MFIllini5

Ok, I'm confused. Johnny Jet is saying that B5 blue is a medium blue and that Petty / B3 blue is a lighter, non-metallic blue. In the various pictures I have, the Charger Super Bee looks lighter and non-metallic, but the Petty car looks medium and metallic. Is everyone really sure that the Charger Super Bee is B5 (or at least the same B5 as will be used on the Classic R/T)? I have one on order so I need to know asap.
The Charger above is B5 Blue (Jonnny Jets Pic). The pic of the Petty give away Challenger is also B5 Blue. They are both very Metallic (pearl actually). It just looks different under different lighting conditions. If you look at the new Hemi Orange Challenger under different light it sometimes looks very pearl, other times almost red and sometimes all orange. It's just the lighting. B3 is the non pearl that was used in the 70's...
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mot250

ORIGINAL: clasko10

That's the first picture I have seen with B5 blue. It looks really good. Is that a red and white stripe on the side?
That is the Petty SRT givaway car. I've been looking for a picture of it but had only seen artist renderings.
Google it. They have alot of pictures of the Petty giveaway...

Another picture....

[IMG]local://upfiles/404/A7A3E9D6D6054A92ACAA894D275215FA.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Th petty give away car Challenger 43 was painted B5 blue...not petty blue. Google petty blue and youll see. The actual car was painted the same color as the CHARGER super bee
Old 03-03-2009, 09:56 AM

Those cars pictured above are B5 blue. Depending on the light it will make it seem lighter or darker. My challenger below was painted a little lighter than B5. In the sunlight it is really bright blue, and vice versa in the shade.

My dad just ordered the rt classic in B5 on saturday. The TA hood isn't as option on the car, it has to be ordered through the parts dept. Also the T handle only comes on the Auto trans. He was able to get the R/T side stripe in black, and also get the "crager looking rims"
Old 03-03-2009, 11:08 AM

I now have information that says that the 2008 Dodge Charger Super Bee is both B5 Blue Pearl and Surf Blue Pearl.

If you click on the blue car on this page, the caption at the bottom of the photo says Surf Blue Pearl:
http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/charger/gallery/

If you click on SRT8 Super Bee on this page, the caption at the side says B5 Blue Pearl:
http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/charger/exterior/style/

At the bottom of this page, it says that B5 and Surf Blue Pearl are one and the same:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Super_Bee

They can't be one and the same though, look at the top and bottom of Page 4 of this document:
http://www.sherwin-automotive.com/sh..._ColorBook.pdf

So which is it? Are you all sure the 2008 Charger Super Bee is not Surf Blue Pearl?

Also, I think the 2008 Petty Challenger is B5 Blue Pearl. The original Petty Blue must have been B3.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:53 PM

I want to believe you all that the Challenger Classic will really be B5 and that the Charger Super Bee and Petty Challenger are B5 too and that the color just fluctuates in the light. However Surf Blue Pearl (PQD) and Electric Blue Pearl (PB5) are 2 entirely different colors, but yet the Dodge website says that the Super Bee Charger from 2008 is Surf Blue Pearl on one page and B5 on another. Therefore based on all the pictures I have, I think the Super Bee is actually Surf Blue Pearl. It just looks more dull. I think the Classic Challenger will truly be PB5 (B5). Can anyone do further research? Who can I contact at Dodge? My dealer isn't being much help. He's just saying that the Challenger Classic I have on order as of Saturday will not be "Smurf Blue" (haha) as he has seen on a Caliber. But he also said the Challenger will match the Super Bee. I'm going insane trying to confirm that the Super Bee is a different color, but Dodge's own website and others are giving me ammunition to try and prove something is wrong here. I want my Classic Challenger to have a darker, deeper, metallic blue than some of the Charger Super Bee pictures I have.

Quick Reply: B5 Blue Clasic