Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Finally got a "tenative" build date

Old 10-15-2008, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got a "tenative" build date

That's another reason why I like Black (other than the fact that it is the fastest color).
It's sharp and looks good..but doesn't jump in your face like the orange color. Black just kind of strikes a fine middle of the line between being to much and not enough. But having said that..I too have not seen a Challenger color that I really didn't like......
Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 PM

Well not to sound disrespectful to anyone, BUT I will never own a White or Black car simply because they are too hard to keep clean. The red one to me says "hi mr cop, can I please have a ticket" and Blue just doesnt do it for me on a car. Silver just looks unfinished, like it needs to be painted, soooo. That leaves me with Titanium, Orange and Red Crystal Pearl, and since the Truck I currently have is a deep red I need a change so that is out also. Leaving just Titanuim and Orange
Old 10-22-2008, 05:45 PM

Just got back from my dealer and he got off the phone with the order dept and I have a schedualed delivery date of Nov 12. So yes I am going to wait and get the 6-speed that I ordered .Starting to get excited again as its only 3 weeks from delivery.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:45 AM

My dealer is on crack or something, or maybe he's right, but I don't see that being what you just said. He told me that the factory has been closed down for a month, supposedly this month. Doesn't really bother me if that's the case since I know I'm going to have a wait anyway, but I would like to know if it's true or not.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 09ChallengerRT

I will never own a White or Black car simply because they are too hard to keep clean.
Actually, I have always found that white is the EASIEST color to keep clean, or at least the one that "hides" dirt the best (unless you drive through mud, of course). Most dust that gets on a car is light gray or light brown, and for some reason, it does not show up as much on a white car as any darker color. Besides white, I've had the original B5 blue, Plum Crazy, dark green, yellow and Canyon Red (a Ford color VERY similar to TorRed, which is one reason I really like that color), and ALL of those colors showed dust much worse than white.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:44 PM

I definitely agree with that. The dark colors show dirt much more then the light colors. Light colors would be silver, white etc. Dark colors like black, the reds that I love so much and dark blue, basically any darks, show dirt well. I don't understand this because anytime I wear white, you better believe there some stain that you can see easily on it, but on a car, it doesn't show that much. The dark cars, I love the looks of many of them, black being one of my favorites, but it seems that the swirl marks love it just as much as the dirt. The red that I like so much, Inferno, pushes it to the limit. Swirl marks aren't as bad and neither is the dirt, but the dirt is still fairly noticeable.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:51 PM

The black Challengers oddly enough are no different than other black cars as far as keeping them clean...
Somehow I thought Mopar would do a better job with that.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:27 PM

If you are able to catch a glimpse of the fast SILVER one you will notice they look awesome no matter what....
Old 10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
mac

I love that hemi-orange and it matches my college football team go beavers.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: 09ChallengerRT

Just got off the phone with my dealer and they say that according to their sources my Challenger is slated for an Oct 21st build. ARRRGGGHHH....I was told by the previous sales manager that is was supposed to be a late Sept build. I guess its the slow output of the 6-speed tranny that pushed it back , but that puts me almost a full MONTH behind when I was hoping to get the car. [X(][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=headbang.gif] I am "ALMOST" tempted to go and buy one of the 5 R/T Automatics they have SITTING on their lot just to have one NOW. Here is the Dealer in question FYI Chapman Dodge Basically, I am torn in having to wait for the R/T with a 6-speed or getting an automatic NOW. Any thoughts?
Ordered mine 7-17-08.. just found out that it wont be built until Jan 09... but it is O.K... got a grea deal... midway between MSRP and Invoice... and exactly what i wanted ... and no hassles.. Talked to some buddies at dealerships... they are all getting $8k over MSRP on even the RT's

Quick Reply: Finally got a "tenative" build date