Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

More issues

Old 03-01-2009, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More issues

OK, new issue. A few weeks ago I had the tail lights replaced on the deck lid. It was a recall or something. My wife took her yesterday and when she got back she asked if I knew the lights had water in them. I looked and there was enough water that when opened the water covered the bulbs. I noticed a few days ago after I washed it that the light had condensation in it but I figured that was from the hot water and it was only 25 out. So tomorrow I get to go deal with the service department again. Not looking forward to this. After they had it, I tried the remote start and its about 25% working, wife took it and it worked everytime. I know its the FOB, hers works mine doesn't.

And clue how to convince them to really fix it? Anybody else have this water problem?

Jim
Old 03-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Default RE: More issues

I have not heard of any recalls on the tail lights. Sounds like they did not seal them up very good.
They push button start should be a no brainer for them, if its not working right, they need to fix it.
You would think in todays ecomomy, customer service would be high on the list. I am dealing with the
same crap with a vender now.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:22 PM

I too am having the same problem with the remote start. Seems it works only when its in the mood.
Also my push button wouldn't start her either so I removed it and put the key in its place and it fired right up, hmm.....
I assumed this was caused by the fact that I am storing her right now until spring decides to show up. I have started it only once sometimes twice month for the past 5 mths.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Do you have the engine block heater option on your car Born To Run?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:54 PM

I do yes. Never used it but it's in there somewhere lol
Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DarkCorner

OK, new issue. A few weeks ago I had the tail lights replaced on the deck lid. It was a recall or something. My wife took her yesterday and when she got back she asked if I knew the lights had water in them. I looked and there was enough water that when opened the water covered the bulbs. I noticed a few days ago after I washed it that the light had condensation in it but I figured that was from the hot water and it was only 25 out. So tomorrow I get to go deal with the service department again. Not looking forward to this. After they had it, I tried the remote start and its about 25% working, wife took it and it worked everytime. I know its the FOB, hers works mine doesn't.

And clue how to convince them to really fix it? Anybody else have this water problem?

Jim
I have not heard of or seen any water in my cars tail lights. I have even gone through one of those touchless hi pressure car washes. Its one of the things i do to make sure everything is sealed up nice & tight. I have gone though the high pressure wash twice and there were no problems.

On the second subject i have had no issues with the remote start or the push button start. I will be curious to hear what fixes the problems.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:17 PM

i noticed my remote was just starting to act up b-4 I stored her BUT i also thought i might be doing something wrong like maybe pushing on the remote button one too times. I read tru the manual and it did say if you hit it to many times in a row you'll have to use the key or button to start while it resets or something along them lines. We only had 1 month to enjoy this till winter i so figured we'd better not waste a whole bunch of time waiting on some electronic gadget to do whatever it has to do -I bought this car to DRIVE.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 AM

No problem with the push button so far, I did notice that if you get in and lock the doors then tryto start it it wont since the security is on then unlock the doors and everything is good. you get a message in evic no FOB detected.