Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

New Challenger R/T Owner needs Mod help ?

Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger R/T Owner needs Mod help ?

I just bought a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T in Hemi Orange Pearl color and I also joined a car club called the NJ MOPAR GROUP OWNER AND ENTHUSIAST CLUB and at a recent event one of the other members had a 2007 Charger SRT and he had rings of orange colored very small LED lights inside all of his front lights. When my wife saw those she said ' Wow , can we get them or do that to our car? " .... you need to understand, here's the problem , my wife is very hard to convince spending any money on a brand new car ......so while the iron is hot I need to strike as they say. I asked the guy with the Charger and he said check on the " LX Forums " because he said his whole front end fascia had to come off and he had to bake the light housings to get the LED light rings in .
Now I need to know if anybody has any experience with adding lights in the front of their new Challenger?
I'd like to add then to the headlight, the turnsignal , and the lower fog light and there is a place that makes and sells them .
So all I need to know is how much of the front end has to come apart and how to get the light housings apart to install these LED light rings ?
Can anybody help , PLEASE ? ...thanks for any help, suggestions or info, please post here , IM me or E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com
Wayne......AKA......LOCO MOTION
Old 08-03-2009, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Hood Pistons for opening ?

Has anyone gotten the pistons for holding the front hood up, instead of the metal pole the car came with ? The finance manager at dealer was trying to upsell me on them.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I got them off E-Bay Motors and they were easy to install. I like them much better than the Rod and I got the scuff plates that go inside the door sills while I was at it. Both are a nice improvement.