Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

New R/T Classic How long to get one ?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparJoe
New limited colors, stripes, wheels, hood and slightly different badgeing.
I'm up on the colors, stripes, wheels, and badges, but hadn't been aware of a different hood. I looked on the Dodge.com site, and it does list "fully functional" air inlets in the performance hoood. Now is this just making the non-functional ducts in the R/T hood into the same functional-for-letting-some-cool-air-under-the-hood-but-not-directly-feeding-the-engine ducts as the normal SRT?

Dodge implies, but does not state, that they feed the intake:

"Working with high-flow cylinder heads and special exhaust headers, the fully functional air-inlet ducts help increase engine breathing and enhance Challenger’s performance."

Which would be cool if true.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:46 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Thor77
I'm up on the colors, stripes, wheels, and badges, but hadn't been aware of a different hood. I looked on the Dodge.com site, and it does list "fully functional" air inlets in the performance hoood. Now is this just making the non-functional ducts in the R/T hood into the same functional-for-letting-some-cool-air-under-the-hood-but-not-directly-feeding-the-engine ducts as the normal SRT?

Dodge implies, but does not state, that they feed the intake:

"Working with high-flow cylinder heads and special exhaust headers, the fully functional air-inlet ducts help increase engine breathing and enhance Challenger’s performance."

Which would be cool if true.
"They are fully functional....they fill the two holes on the hood"
(As far as being "really" fully functional...they never have been, and I don't see it changing with the standard hood in the future...looks like the only way to get a truly functional "ram air" would be to go with the TA type or some after market hood)
Old 04-20-2009, 01:17 PM

Default Functionality of Hood on classic

I was told by the local dealer, that it is not Ram Air functional, but it allows air into the engine compartment for cooling etc. Not blocked off as in the current Challenger hoods.
BTW I was told mine is being shipped 4/28, has vin# now.
Saw a 6 cylinder Titanium color at local Mopar show this weekend and that is a very cool color. Not as dull looking as in the brochure.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 PM

My dad's is supposed to be shipped on 4/29. I think I'm just as excited to see it as he is. He just got the vin # today.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:14 AM

I see 2 B5 Blue Classics on ebay. So the rest shouldn't be to far out. I was told mine will be in within the week. Can't wait.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 PM

Default Anyone get their Classic R/T yet ?

Just curious, since my dealer said they should be shipping this week and next.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 AM

Just took delivery (04/24/09) of a B5 Blue Classic RT 6 Spd. After owning many nice cars over the past 20 years this one gets much more attention than any I have owned!!
Old 04-30-2009, 02:21 PM

Just got my B5 Blue Challenger today and love it. Need to clean it up though. Dealer didn't do so hot.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM

With the latest news from Chrysler, It doesn't look like the Detonator Yellow ones will happen in 09. If at all.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 AM

It looks like Classics on order,and all Challengers on order might be doomed for now as well.So all of you with your cars congrats,cause the rest of us are probably screwed now.

Quick Reply: New R/T Classic How long to get one ?