Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   R/T kills thread (post your story here) (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/r-t-kills-thread-post-your-story-here-5979/)

bigdaddywiz 02-04-2009 04:35 AM

R/T kills thread (post your story here)

in reference to the 6SPDHEMI VS. WS6 thread which has generated some good racing stories, i would like to create a thread dedicated to any "kills" that people would like to share with their R/T out in the wild or at the strip. If you could, please post what R/T you have (manual vs auto, wheel size, etc) and whether there is anything done to your car. also, what car you went up against and if you know if they had any work done. i love hearing what our cars while i'm waiting for spring to take mine back out!

OK then, lets here 'em...

6SPDHEMI 02-06-2009 11:35 AM

RE: R/T kills thread (post your story here)

I will carry over my thread, bigdaddywiz. I have the 09 Challenger R/T with 6 speed, 3.92 with 20s. The only mods I have done are the JBA shorty headers and skip shift eliminator. The "kill" was a 98-up WS-6 T/A with a radical exhaust and from that sounded like a hot cam. I just passed him after 3rd gear but if I'd turned the traction control OFF I would have either smoked him or the tires. Oh and I have the Black R/T which may not be as "fast" as the Orange but it is more intimidating. I ve had so many people "backdown" from running me it's actually hard to get "kill" stories around here

dinod7 02-06-2009 07:09 PM

Haven't had any one challenge me yet! 09 RT 6spd, 3.92's

Mullit 02-06-2009 09:23 PM

Even GT500's take a look then get back behind me. Weird because they could own me, I guess its hard to tell from the side, they never pull in front, 09 A/T, R/T.

JJMPB 02-07-2009 06:11 AM

even if they thought it was an SRT they would still own you

BkChallenger09R/T 02-07-2009 06:20 AM

They don't want to look bad if they don't just run away from you. Better to think you can blow someone off the road than just barely beat them . I remember many years ago when I was at the Beech Bend Drag strip in Bowling Green Ky. . A track I went to often. A guy pulled up with a brand new SD 455 Firebird . He made a run that I didn't see . Think it was 14 sec flat. Claimed he couldn't get took off with street tires. And would run in the 12's if only he had slicks. His car was a beatufull Black and gold trim. And did sound strong with his headers open. Some how someone tried to get him to race my 71 455 Buick GS . And offered to put slicks on his car that where the right size for his car. He didn't want to race . But didn't want to look bad. We ended up running . He ran 13.90 and I ran 13.45 . He claimed he was still spinning . He wasn't . I beat him by 4 to 5 car lengths. I think he was a sleep on the light also.

ORIGINAL: Mullit

Even GT500's take a look then get back behind me. Weird because they could own me, I guess its hard to tell from the side, they never pull in front, 09 A/T, R/T.

robertg74 02-09-2009 05:16 AM

I have only had one try me and it was a hoopty corvette. I was rolling on the interstate doing 70ish with the cruse on and was passing a long line of 18 wheelers. This cat came up on me and was all but licking the back bumper clean on the Chally. Normally I don't let these types bug me as it is nothing personal, they do it to the next guy in front like they do it to me. This one bothered me for two reasons. one it's not like you couldn't tell we were passing 8 - 10 big rigs...., two he was getting to close to my baby for me comfort. As I passed the last big rig I took it off cruse, shifted from 6th to 4th right as he cam even to me. I let it wind 4th up and was half way though 5th when he backed out. I looked down and I was at 130mph (oops....:D ). I know this guy was not a major issue because when he stepped on it the black smoke rolled out of his pipes like a fog machine.... guess he didn't run it enough.

beyond that no one else will try the Challenger.....6SPDHEMI is right. It's hard to get "kills"

Rench 02-09-2009 09:24 AM

In the "WTF were they thinking?!?" category, I destroyed a Nissan Frontier in epic fashion on the way to work this morning. Soccer mom in her damn gentrified truck. The road I take frequently goes to 4 lanes at intersections, then back to 2 for long stretches in the woods.

She was edging up on the line when the cross traffic got the yellow. I really didn't think she was going to do it til green, then she dropped the tackhammer into the intersection. I was in such disbelief she was a full length ahead before I had first gear. I got along side her at half throttle, and chirped second just to make the point when I decided to pull ahead.

Some people...

-Rench

BkChallenger09R/T 02-09-2009 02:12 PM

I've only had one Corvette run up behind me. And as soon as he could read HEMI RT on the lic. plate he fell back about 5 car lengths. Many just don't know for sure what the car is till they get a closer look. I mostly get thumbs up from many who think they are driving a fast car. Or like the blond that leaned out the window of her truck today. While I was at a traffic light. She said it is just BEATIFUL . I had the window down as the temperature was 70 . I said Thanks . I had the car all washed up and clean . After I bucket washed it this morning.

ORIGINAL: robertg74

I have only had one try me and it was a hoopty corvette. I was rolling on the interstate doing 70ish with the cruse on and was passing a long line of 18 wheelers. This cat came up on me and was all but licking the back bumper clean on the Chally. Normally I don't let these types bug me as it is nothing personal, they do it to the next guy in front like they do it to me. This one bothered me for two reasons. one it's not like you couldn't tell we were passing 8 - 10 big rigs...., two he was getting to close to my baby for me comfort. As I passed the last big rig I took it off cruse, shifted from 6th to 4th right as he cam even to me. I let it wind 4th up and was half way though 5th when he backed out. I looked down and I was at 130mph (oops....:D ). I know this guy was not a major issue because when he stepped on it the black smoke rolled out of his pipes like a fog machine.... guess he didn't run it enough.

beyond that no one else will try the Challenger.....6SPDHEMI is right. It's hard to get "kills"

tommyroadrunner 02-09-2009 03:59 PM

Welcome, Brother.........

Perhaps a "HEMI RT" plate multi state alliance is in order. Heh heh......

BkChallenger09R/T 02-09-2009 05:53 PM

Tommyroadrunner . Here is a picture of my HEMI RT plate taken in the dark on my Black R/T 6 speed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1994/9BCE10E254D9428A8E0DA3456EAAB616.jpg[/IMG]

BkChallenger09R/T 03-02-2009 01:35 PM

Older Mustang Cobra was running along side of me yesterday. And really looking the R/T over . Reved his engine a few time's . We came up on a light and I just took off like I do most of the time. And the Mustang took off hard. He was still looking the Challenger over after I pulled up along side of him . The next light on a four lane by pass and lttle traffic . I turned the ESP off completely . This time I dropped the clutch at about 2ooo rpm . Was spinning in 1st and some in 2nd . The Challenger just blew the Mustang away . I let off after I was about 8 car length's ahead of him . He later pulled up side and had a big grin on his face looking at the Challenger . Think he wanted to see what it woujld do . I can hear him telling his friend's now . Don't mess with a Black Hemi RT . Thinking of taking the car to the local 1/8th mile track this coming Sat. Opening day for test and tune . Hope it is at least in the 8 second time's. The last time I ran at this track with a Black GS I ran 8 second flat off the street with slicks and headers open. I can hear them now . He's back in Black again . But a R/T this time.

Ridge Runner 03-02-2009 02:16 PM

[:o] After reading some sad posts about puny 4.6 stangs quicker then the R/T,s[:'(][:o] I don,t think there will be much here to write about.[:o][:'(][:o]

BkChallenger09R/T 03-02-2009 04:10 PM

????????????? I haven't seen a 4.6 Mustang that I've had a problem with . Haven't had anything that was a real threat challenge me yet. At age 60 I have slowed down . I've got alot of friend's that I have known for over 35 years . Many of them have and still hold national record's . We all BS a few time's a week at a local muffler shop that a Chevy racer run's . So far I've seen nothing but respect from them about the Challenger R/T . And they have looked it over good . It's not a SRT but for the weight it run's good I think . I wish they had put the forged part's in the engine though . One of the guy's that comes to the shop has a 08 Mustang GT . He only has 1200 miles on it in a year. But has changed the rear gears to 3.55 and pos with it I think . And changed the exhaust a few time's also . He has said he wished the Challenger R/T was out when he purchased the Mustang GT stick . He would be driving a Mopar now . I learned a long time ago you can alway's come up against something faster . I'm happy with it for now. I could of had a new 08 Roush 427 model Mustang a year ago. But decided to wait for the R/T. Glad I did.

ORIGINAL: Ridge Runner

[:o] After reading some sad posts about puny 4.6 stangs quicker then the R/T,s[:'(][:o] I don,t think there will be much here to write about.[:o][:'(][:o]

Ridge Runner 03-02-2009 05:30 PM

;) Glad to hear it Bk Chall.,alot has to do with the driver.;)

MaryAnn 03-02-2009 05:43 PM

The first day I took my new RT for a ride, sure enough a red Stang GT Rousch pulls along side at a light. OK I'm ready to play, thinking this will be interesting, the light changes and ....it's ON! I give it all it's got and either got lucky, or this car is a stangs worst nightmare. LOL I somehow beat him, to the next light. He then gave me a thumbs up and I waved him off. This car has got Balls!

BkChallenger09R/T 03-03-2009 03:15 AM

I drove one of the new super charged Roush Mustangs last year. They do run very fast . I won't go looking for them . Coud it be he just wanted to look at you . The new Challenger has gotten more attention than any car I have owned . When I get a thumbs up I know it isn't for my good look's. I know you have the Grinn . Have fun .

18forever 03-03-2009 07:08 AM

I got my 09 RT Auto about 2 weeks ago. A few days ago I had one of those Honda kids with the PO'd bumble bee mufflers revving his engine at a light. So figured what the hell. I never took off the ESP or revved her up, just stomped the gas when I got the green. By the time I hit 35 mph this kid was still in the intersection and I was a half block away. When we got to the next light I looked over and bot was he mad. Waving his hands and cussing up a storm about if we were at the track he'd take me no problem. I just laughed at him and told him to buy American or move to Japan. Other then that just alot of approving looks and thumbs up's.

BkChallenger09R/T 03-03-2009 03:26 PM

I've had a lot of thumb's up from some of the Rice burners. None dumb enough to give it a try. Even had one of them stop just to talk to me while I was gasing the Challenger up one day .

ORIGINAL: 18forever

I got my 09 RT Auto about 2 weeks ago. A few days ago I had one of those Honda kids with the PO'd bumble bee mufflers revving his engine at a light. So figured what the hell. I never took off the ESP or revved her up, just stomped the gas when I got the green. By the time I hit 35 mph this kid was still in the intersection and I was a half block away. When we got to the next light I looked over and bot was he mad. Waving his hands and cussing up a storm about if we were at the track he'd take me no problem. I just laughed at him and told him to buy American or move to Japan. Other then that just alot of approving looks and thumbs up's.

Riptide 03-05-2009 07:42 AM

haha

I've seen "rice burners" pull low 10 second quarter mile times. Better hope you don't run into one of them "dumb enough" to challenge you. ;)

Ridge Runner 03-05-2009 03:49 PM

Those rice burnin tin cans are a joke.I,ve been around,I know.They are so high strung,longivity is practically non-exisitant.Plus,they have soooooooooooooo much cash sunk into those things,it takes them right out of the equation.I could make a R/Tpull wheel stands for a fraction of what they spend just to run decent.

Riptide 03-05-2009 04:31 PM

Total nonsense. People have been modding Subarus and Mitsubishi EVOs for years now and longevity is just fine. R/Ts aren't exactly cheap cars either, nor are SRT8s. Your last sentence is total BS as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVJH8aMj_ao&fmt=22

http://mustangforums.com/forum/5993637-post25.html

I've heard of a few bad eggs but the majority are nearly bullet proof...I've tuned dozens of them to 500+awhp with 93 octane on the stock shorty/head/cams/drivetrain and they've been run hard like that for years.

Riptide 03-05-2009 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MaryAnn

The first day I took my new RT for a ride, sure enough a red Stang GT Rousch pulls along side at a light. OK I'm ready to play, thinking this will be interesting, the light changes and ....it's ON! I give it all it's got and either got lucky, or this car is a stangs worst nightmare. LOL I somehow beat him, to the next light. He then gave me a thumbs up and I waved him off. This car has got Balls!
Not all Roush mustangs are supercharged. In fact some of them aren't much faster than a stock GT.

BkChallenger09R/T 03-06-2009 02:03 PM

I know some of them can be very fast. This is Ky. not Calf or someplace you might see lots of money in that type of car. Not saying they might not be . I just haven't seen one. Ky. is mostly nostalgic American muscle car's . All brand's Mopar , Chevy , Ford , Buick , Oldsmobile with a few others . You can go to a car show . And that is mostly what you will see . And a Willy's sometime . I'm not looking for a street race. The car run's just fine for me. I'm beginning to see a few SRT Challenger's on the street now. Most people don't know the difference between a R/T or SRT . But most gear head's know that R/T of the past meant busniness .

ORIGINAL: Riptide

haha

I've seen "rice burners" pull low 10 second quarter mile times. Better hope you don't run into one of them "dumb enough" to challenge you. ;)

18forever 03-07-2009 04:09 PM

I've seen many a great looking and sounding import as well. Some of them are rediculously fast when thier don eright. This guy was flat black primer with white hood, slammed to the ground, headliner falling out, and a stereo worth more than the car. That's why I dicided to put him down. I manage an Auto Hobby Shop at an Air Force base and I've got to know alot of the import crowd, seen some really nice Subaru's and Rice burners. Most of these guys take great pride in thier cars and do things right. But there's always a few out there that shouldn't be on the road.

BkChallenger09R/T 03-08-2009 10:04 AM

I ran a Dodge Calbair SRT . Not sure if that is the right name for it . A mini SUV by Dodge . He had some wide tire's on it . Think could have been some type of Drag tire on the front as it was front wheel drive. He wanted to run me yesterday at the track . We ran pretty much even. I talked to the Guy after . It had a turbo on it that had been worked on . High perf. after market exhaust . Not sure but think it had NOS . But the guy claimed he didn't use it. He had alot of money in it . Think he was ready to trade it for a Challenger after running me . My first change to the Challenger will be good tire's. Then maybe I can get some traction . And better handling also.

ORIGINAL: 18forever

I've seen many a great looking and sounding import as well. Some of them are rediculously fast when thier don eright. This guy was flat black primer with white hood, slammed to the ground, headliner falling out, and a stereo worth more than the car. That's why I dicided to put him down. I manage an Auto Hobby Shop at an Air Force base and I've got to know alot of the import crowd, seen some really nice Subaru's and Rice burners. Most of these guys take great pride in thier cars and do things right. But there's always a few out there that shouldn't be on the road.

mot250 03-11-2009 11:45 AM

I still have my puny 3 valve 4.6L Mustang GT (2006). I still feel the stock Mustang (2005 through 2009) is quicker than my stock R/T but I won't know for sure until I run my R/T at the local 1320 this spring and compare my stock R/T's timeslips against my slips from when my GT was stock. I've had a stock GT convertible pull on me in the R/T on the streets from a light. Not by much, but enough take the "win".

The weight advantage goes to the Mustang. I also think the stock throttle mapping and tune is better on the Mustang.

The 5.7L Hemi, being larger, should have more potential down the line with mods, however...

After a few runs in stock configuration, first to go on will be a CAI and tune. Then, hopefully, my stories will change.

Originally Posted by BkChallenger09R/T (Post 68447)
????????????? I haven't seen a 4.6 Mustang that I've had a problem with . Haven't had anything that was a real threat challenge me yet. At age 60 I have slowed down . I've got alot of friend's that I have known for over 35 years . Many of them have and still hold national record's . We all BS a few time's a week at a local muffler shop that a Chevy racer run's . So far I've seen nothing but respect from them about the Challenger R/T . And they have looked it over good . It's not a SRT but for the weight it run's good I think . I wish they had put the forged part's in the engine though . One of the guy's that comes to the shop has a 08 Mustang GT . He only has 1200 miles on it in a year. But has changed the rear gears to 3.55 and pos with it I think . And changed the exhaust a few time's also . He has said he wished the Challenger R/T was out when he purchased the Mustang GT stick . He would be driving a Mopar now . I learned a long time ago you can alway's come up against something faster . I'm happy with it for now. I could of had a new 08 Roush 427 model Mustang a year ago. But decided to wait for the R/T. Glad I did.

lear4406 03-12-2009 05:33 AM

Wow, I'm suprised. I have had no problem with Mustangs. Most have been GTs. I'm stock as stock gets. Might be the tune on the stock set-up. I drive mine kind of hard and so it might keep a more aggressive tune on the car?????? But no direspect for the blue oval pony, they are nice cars and they are lighter. You may have run modded cars and they do take to mods well. Take it to the strip and learn how the car likes to launch. Then see what its got.

bigdaddywiz 03-12-2009 06:26 AM

over on another message board with this thread, there is many kills stock for stock against mustang gt's. maybe it feels faster in the stang because the challenger is bigger, smoother and quieter inside the car. i've never driven a mustang, so i'm just going on assumption here.

Albeeno 03-12-2009 11:53 AM

I'm really looking forward to my first run-in with an R/T Challenger in my `05 Mustang GT. Unfortunately, I simply haven't seen any out on the battlefield. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though...

Something tells me I won't have much to worry about if and when I do see one. Especially if we're running in anything other than a straight line. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Challenger, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean I can't wait to smoke one. :-)

bigdaddywiz 03-12-2009 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Albeeno (Post 68913)
I'm really looking forward to my first run-in with an R/T Challenger in my `05 Mustang GT. Unfortunately, I simply haven't seen any out on the battlefield. I'm sure they're out there somewhere though...

Something tells me I won't have much to worry about if and when I do see one. Especially if we're running in anything other than a straight line. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the Challenger, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean I can't wait to smoke one. :-)

any work done to that albeeno? is that the ace up your sleeve that will allow you not to worry?

-not being a smart a$$, just assuming its not stock with how sure you are about beating one!

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-12-2009 06:35 PM

Street or track

You never know what you are running or how good or bad a driver they are. I ran a 4.6 GT in the 1/4 last Sat. I had no traction to 4th gear. Or did anything on street tire's that day. The Mustang just ran away from me on top end . By several car length's all of a sudden . I later got a look under his hood. He had NOS and mod's. The Challenger is heavy. With me it weighted in at 4352 at the end of the day. I love it . But don't think it is a steet fighter now. Or stock anyway with the 5.7 Hemi. My Mopar Club is going to a local 1/8th mile track on the 21st. Maybe I'll give it another try. Maybe I shouldn't judge the car yet. I think my first run's back in 73 with a Buick GS Stage 1 Skylark with 455 . Where in the high 14's with lot of wheel spin . It weighted around 4200 lb with me in it . I got it down to 8 sec. flat in 1/8 and ran a 13.03 spinning a little with 9 inch slick's in the 1/4 mile , gears and legal stock NHRA 315 hp 455 . And still street driven. So I will leave judgement till I get some traction and a good run. I know I'm not very good with stick at the track.

bigdaddywiz 03-13-2009 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by KyChallengerR/T6spd (Post 68927)
You never know what you are running or how good or bad a driver they are. I ran a 4.6 GT in the 1/4 last Sat. I had no traction to 4th gear. Or did anything on street tire's that day. The Mustang just ran away from me on top end . By several car length's all of a sudden . I later got a look under his hood. He had NOS and mod's. The Challenger is heavy. With me it weighted in at 4352 at the end of the day. I love it . But don't think it is a steet fighter now. Or stock anyway with the 5.7 Hemi. My Mopar Club is going to a local 1/8th mile track on the 21st. Maybe I'll give it another try. Maybe I shouldn't judge the car yet. I think my first run's back in 73 with a Buick GS Stage 1 Skylark with 455 . Where in the high 14's with lot of wheel spin . It weighted around 4200 lb with me in it . I got it down to 8 sec. flat in 1/8 and ran a 13.03 spinning a little with 9 inch slick's in the 1/4 mile , gears and legal stock NHRA 315 hp 455 . And still street driven. So I will leave judgement till I get some traction and a good run. I know I'm not very good with stick at the track.

take a look at this thread from over at another challenger forum...i was skeptical myself at first about street cred with the R/T, but after reading through, i'm convinced the R/T is a serious contender. its only going to get better as people get used to the car.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...es-here-11448/

also, there are people who are running low 13's BONE STOCK. the car just has to be driven right. dodgetony has proven a 13.12 run with his stock R/T with just a filter pull and lowered air pressure in the rear tires. others are running very close to that. i wouldnt judge it just yet. this summer, the streets and strip should see the true colors of this car.

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-13-2009 07:01 AM

BigDaddywiz

I was disapointed at the track . I just could not get any traction. The car felt really strong. But that does not make for a low ET if you can't hook up. A K&N drop in air filter is the only thing different from the day it was pulled out of the showroom. And 8000 miles on it now. Letting the air in rear tires down to 25 did help alot. I ran a 16 before that . But I took off very easy and still broke loose as soon as I stepped into it in third to run my best of 14.90 at 96 mph. Maybe I'll have better luck the next time. The automatic does not have the pos in a R/T that I know of . And I do with my 6 speed.

Albeeno 03-13-2009 11:10 AM

No "ace up my sleeve" man. It's an all-original 2005 Mustang GT. I know this will be difficult to believe for some, but Road & Track had the 6-spd R/T Challenger going 0-60 in 6.2 seconds and the standing 1/4 mile in 14.5 @ 99.0 MPH in their road test. These are proven, espected automotive journalists who I have to believe know what they're doing behind the wheel. To add insult to injury, the price-as-tested was $39,055!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=7179

Conversley, my stock GT will do 0-60 in 5.3 and the 1/4 mile in 13.9 seconds. If memory serves, I think paid roughly $28K for mine back in Nov. 2005.

I am by no means putting the Challenger down, but if you look purely at the numbers, you could easily see why I have a lot of difficulty believing some of the claims being posted here. I just don't see how a stock R/T would even be in the same zip code as me. Until some "Challenger" makes me take my medicine, I will continue to believe what I believe.

I realize it's not all about the performance. There are many, many other attributes that I love, respect and admire about the Challenger. I just wish I saw them more often...

Originally Posted by bigdaddywiz (Post 68914)
any work done to that albeeno? is that the ace up your sleeve that will allow you not to worry?

-not being a smart a$$, just assuming its not stock with how sure you are about beating one!

Thor77 03-13-2009 12:03 PM

Albeeno, you always post that anomalous R&T test, which does not seem representative of other magazine tests, nor of the experience of forum users here. I always post the Motor Trend test as a counter example. You never reply.

Motor Trend has 5.1 sec to 60, 1/4 in 13.6.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...lenger_rt.html

Car and Driver also runs 5.1 seconds to 60

http://www.caranddriver.com/buying_g...on+id-263.html

So while it is certainly possible to run slow in an R/T, many people have run faster than the Mustang numbers you quote. So you should just hope that it is a Road and Track staff member lined up against you.

The as-tested price includes all sorts of optional gadgetry, and should not be considered in a performance/value calculation. MSRP starts at 30K, 31 with Track Pak, which is the only really performance oriented option, with the possible exception of the 20" wheels to get the 3.92 rather than 3.73. In 2005 dollars, the prices are about equal.

Anyone who would buy a 39K R/T is not purely looking at speed/$, because if they were, they'd bump up to the SRT for only a couple thousand more.

bigdaddywiz 03-14-2009 06:26 AM

yeah, albeeno those road and track times are definatly in the minorty with what these cars are capable of(in the hands of a capable driver that is). i respect what your mustang can do, and thats pretty impressive too, but i've been reading too many other times, seen too many other track time slips and have heard too many other stories of r/t's eating gt's for lunch to believe a stock gt and take a stock r/t with ease. sure, we'll see some win, but it will be because the r/t owner couldnt drive. just like those road and track JOURNALISTS are also so called "drivers." 0-60 in 6.2 and 14.5@99 is just rediculous when you conisider a charger with the old 5.7 and less aggressive gearing was faster. doesnt make sense now, does it?

KyChallenger, you may want to pm dodgetony to get some tips on launching your r/t if your having problems hooking up. hes the guy running 13.12 @ 108 in his STOCK r/t. good luck!

mot250 03-14-2009 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigdaddywiz (Post 68996)
just like those road and track JOURNALISTS are also so called "drivers." 0-60 in 6.2 and 14.5@99 is just rediculous when you conisider a charger with the old 5.7 and less aggressive gearing was faster. doesnt make sense now, does it?

One word, traction (or three words, lack-of-traction). More HP and lower gears means most will have a harder time with wheelspin, effectively making 1/4 times worse.

KyChallengerR/T6spd 03-14-2009 06:55 PM

Have you ran yours at the track

Originally Posted by mot250 (Post 69003)
One word, traction (or three words, lack-of-traction). More HP and lower gears means most will have a harder time with wheelspin, effectively making 1/4 times worse.

If so what tire's do you have . Your launch rpm or any tips. I also got wheel hop bad in 4th gear. Think that was do to trying to get traction . It doesn't do that on the street.

RUBBERBNDMAN 03-14-2009 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by JJMPB (Post 67018)
even if they thought it was an SRT they would still own you

Sorry, but my only kill was a GT500 6sp.It was close but I did win.