Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Reading Lights

Old 07-31-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reading Lights

Does anyone know, or have an illustration on, how to remove the reading light covers? I was one of the lucky people to get hail damage to my car and it was completed at a body shop that did a terrible paint job. On top of that, it looks like they somehow managed to get paint dust inside the reading lights. It looks like that I can stick a flat head screw driver on the side that doesn't push in and pop it out, but I want to make sure that is the case before I do it so I don't ruin anything.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I hate that about the hail damage. I can't help you on the lights... but just wanted to let you know I feel your pain on the damage done to your car.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much. Unfortunately I have had a run of bad luck with this car since getting it. I've had what sounds like rear end popping noise, which looks like it may actually be front noise according to some other website, had it less then a month and someone put their door into it. Few months later and hail damage. The wheel well covers have a tendency to bend, if you will, outside of the wheel well, or more like leave a gap, which I guess is a big problem on the Chargers due to body flex. I'm more worried about rust with water getting in there then anything. And then the lights with paint in them.

I found a website which kind of describes how to get them out, but I don't think the discription was really accurate. Basically, it says to slide a small screw driver in the front, clicking side, which of course leaves nice indents in the plastic molding there, and then pop it out. I had to basically rip it out of the lining and thankfully didn't break anything in the process. Ford tough had nothing on this headliner and light lense, it's now Dodge tough.

Looking at it though it looks like maybe part of that's true, the instructions that is. There's a notch in the back, the side that doesn't click, that maybe you can get a screwdriver in and pop it out. You still have to work out the clicking side, I believe, and then work out that back side. A pain to say the least and something I don't want to do again anytime soon that's for sure.