Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Rear end Wronk/Creak

Old 11-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear end Wronk/Creak

So pretty much every time I start from a dead stop and pull away slow I hear a major Wronk/Creak in the Rear suspension as if the car is 20 years old.
I know, I know "Why the hell are you driving so slow??" 8)
I can't help it with traffic in L.A.....hehehe

Any other R/T guys hearing it?

Old 11-09-2008, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Rear end Wronk/Creak

The only noise I hear when I pull away is oohs and aahs. Seriously, I haven't heard anything like you are describing.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:15 AM

I haven't heard that in my R/T yet (I still have less than 300 miles on it, since the weather has been so unsettled here the past week), but I've heard a sound that sounds like you describe in my Jeep Grand Cherokee w/the V8 hemi.

I can't pin it down - maybe a u-joint or the rear end or possibly the transission shaft.

It's been annoying me all summer but I figured I'd wait & let my dealer hear it when I go in for annual state inspection (I have a lifetime drivetrain warranty and I know all my fluid levels are good and according to my maintenance book there's nothing else I should be checking and the vehicle has had NO abuse).

So I had it in this past week for the inspection & the Jeep/Dodge mechanic couldn't see anything & passed it with flying colors.

Arg. So I'll keep driving and if it gets worse I'll let em listen again.

Hopefully that lifetime warranty will be honored by whoever buys Jeep (AND by whoever buys Dodge!).
Old 11-10-2008, 03:05 AM

I would get under the back end and torque per say every nut & bolt, maybe you'll find a not so tight nut. Be safe, maybe one of your freinds have a lift or pit which would make it safe.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:09 PM

Yes! This sound does not happen all the time though. Occasionally, I will hear it when starting out in first gear from a dead stop. It kinda sounds like a creaking noise coming from the left rear axle. I will lift the car today and investigate.....
Old 11-23-2008, 11:40 PM

Chally Time,
Any luck finding it?

Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM

I alos hear a noise sometime . Sound's like the old mopar pinion bumper hitting the floor .
Old 12-04-2008, 08:42 AM

Did you guys ever think about why Dodge offers a liftetime guarantee/warranty on the powertrain. Here is my thinking - if anybody's ever seen the 1995 classic Tommy Boy, then you'll definitely appreciate this:

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

Ted: What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guarentee, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Warranty claims have gone down despite this, Albeeno. On top of this, it's a new car and it has first year bugs to work out. This is why I don't buy first year cars. I'd check the bolts like recommended.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM

Technically an 09 Chally really isn't a first year car since there was an 08 but since they came out only 4 months b4 the 09 it's not truly a 2 year car.
But since it's basically a Charger, it's 90% 2nd/3rd gen already.

I'll check the bolts next time I get it up

s>