Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Start Ordering R/T Classics.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Start Ordering R/T Classics.

You can start ordering the R/T Classics tomorrow. Just adds $1525 to the R/T sticker. Production is to start in February. B-5 Blue will be available a little later in the run, other colors are white, torred, black, silver and orange. Gets you the Heritage wheels, side accent stripes, Challenger fender script and SRT induction hood. Sounds like they intend to fire the factory back up.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Start Ordering R/T Classics.

fix your post it is 1525 on top of the RT-J package which includes leather and something else....the base classic should come out to about 34k
Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 AM

Any idea what it looks like? I went to get a Black on Black R/T with 5 speed auto and there aren't any. Dealer said they could not get one in the configuration I wanted. Maybe this will be a good thing? Plant is back up sometime in February is what the dealer told me last night.

Dave
Old 01-20-2009, 04:47 AM

I read black was not available.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 AM

I was just quoting what I read at Red Letter Dodge. It says that black will be available. The sidestripe would probably have to be another color to be noticed but maybe not necessarily. The SRT stripe doesn't pop on black like it does the other colors. We use to have black graphics on black cars in the old days. I prefer graphics that contrast with the base color but that is just me.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 05flhtcse

I prefer graphics that contrast with the base color but that is just me.
Not just you. Me, too. And the higher the contrast, the better. On my Challenger, I have black on the base white (although realistically, any bright color would work on white ... I just thought black went better with the black along the bottom of the car). On my Mustang, I have bright white on dark green (in fact, the white decals for the word MUSTANG on the rear valance aren't just white, they're reflective white ... VERY cool at night).

My wife is the same way. The first time I took her to see one of the Third Generation Challengers, it was a black 08 SRT. The first thing she said was, "Why would they put black stripes on a black car?"
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 AM

There was no generation CHALLENGER after the '70-'74 until the '08 CHALLENGER! These are THE second generation of CHALLENGERS. Those monstrosities from the '80's WERE NOT CHALLENGERS! They were Mitsubishis and crap! No offense, just a little touchy when it comes to Challenger heritage.

I remember seeing a '70 Challenger at the '84 Mopar nationals, a T/A that was triple black (including stripes), and was the rarest (only 1) of the T/A's. The stripes were very subtle to say the least, but it was OOOOOOOOh so COOOOOOOOOOl!

1984 was the only year the MOPAR nats were held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and I, in my lowly '73 Challenger 340 got to drive the track along with some of the rarest of the MOPAR breed. I'll have this memory forever. Yeah I'm old!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 AM

See below.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:10 AM

C'mon, deranged, even this board has a section for the Mitsubishi Challengers. They're listed in any legitimate Challenger history (even in the Wikipedia entry on the Challenger). Hence, current crop of Challengers are third generation. Sorry, but you can't change history.

(By the way: I owned a 70, which was the only REAL Challenger, ever. The 71s were close, but don't even get me started on the "sad-eyed" 72-74 models. Also, I knew a couple of people who owned Mitsu Challengers. For what they were, they weren't bad cars.)

Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM

So everything after the first year is not real? So since I'm the second child of seven, six of us are not really our Fathers children? I thought my baby brother looked a lot like the mail man.

Roswell - You are one strange bird. You been skipping the meds again?

Quick Reply: Start Ordering R/T Classics.