Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

stupid radio question

Old 01-04-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid radio question

I have the mygig system & i want to know if you can put the radio in standby & still use the uconnect phone? Maybe i'm just missing something but i dont see how to do it that way. There are times i dont want the radio on but still would like to use the uconnect if i need to make & receive calls.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:42 PM

Default RE: stupid radio question

The system does the function you question by itself. Incoming calls shut down the CD, Sat, FM, AM, CD and for outgoing calls once you press the phone button the same thing happens. Once the call ends, music restarts.

Enjoy.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:24 PM

I have had the same question and what I finally did on my own when I dont want the radio on is I hit the music button till it moves over to the HDD tab which is your downloads that you have to select but dont auto play. from there you can go into the nav/pictures/menu screen so you dont have to look at the radio screen and use your uconnect when needed.

that is what i do. I'm on my phone all day for work and that has worked great for me.

Im sure there is another way but that was easiest for me for now.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:07 PM

Ok i have figured this out by messing around with it.

You can turn the radio all the way down so its essentially off & when a call comes in on uconnect it still comes through at a normal volume level regardless of the radio volume setting.

You can also turn the radio off & the uconnect still works properly. I found that if you are on a call & you push the button to turn off the radio it does turn off the radio but keeps the nav screen on & keeps the uconnect operating. It splashes across the screen that the radio is off. If you push the button again it turns the radio back on in standby mode until your off the phone.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:20 PM

cool, Ill have to try that, when turn the radio off the screen goes black and it gives me the time.

Dumb question. How are you turning off the radio? are you pushing in the volume knob, or is there another way I dont know about?
Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Okay I'm confused. You asked how to turn the radio off when using UConnect. When my UConnect gets a call or call is made it overrides the Radio Sat HDD CD as stated before. How are you using UConnect and hearing the radio?

Just confused or missing something
Jim
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: DarkCorner

Okay I'm confused. You asked how to turn the radio off when using UConnect. When my UConnect gets a call or call is made it overrides the Radio Sat HDD CD as stated before. How are you using UConnect and hearing the radio?

Just confused or missing something
Jim

My dilemma was not using uconnect with the radio on, it was what happens when the radio's off. It works either way so i fingered it out by messing around with it.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: DDC RT

cool, Ill have to try that, when turn the radio off the screen goes black and it gives me the time.

Dumb question. How are you turning off the radio? are you pushing in the volume knob, or is there another way I dont know about?
When i was on the nav screen I pushed the on/off button & it just turned off the radio (it said a msg like "radio off" & the nav screen stayed up & active. I'll have to fiddle around some more & see what happens.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:35 PM

Thats weird. I understand the radio part with uconnect. I guess my question is. When I turn off the radio system I cant get the Nav up at all. In order for me to have the nav working the entire unit has to be on, which either means i have to lower the volume down or go to the HDD tab to get no music but still have nav available and or uconnect going.

I know the Uconnect mutes all music but how do i get nav up with the radio completely off. I cant figure it out
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: DDC RT

Thats weird. I understand the radio part with uconnect. I guess my question is. When I turn off the radio system I cant get the Nav up at all. In order for me to have the nav working the entire unit has to be on, which either means i have to lower the volume down or go to the HDD tab to get no music but still have nav available and or uconnect going.

I know the Uconnect mutes all music but how do i get nav up with the radio completely off. I cant figure it out
If your on a uconnect call put your nav screen on map & then turn off the radio button. you will then see the radio off text on the screen for a second or so.

Quick Reply: stupid radio question