Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Dodge Challenger R/T (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/)
-   -   Who designed this stupid key (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/dodge-challenger-r-t-33/who-designed-stupid-key-5539/)

BkChallenger09R/T 12-09-2008 03:27 PM

Who designed this stupid key

I love my new Challenger 6 speed R/T . But what where they thinking when they designed this peg they call a key. And the button's on it set off the alarm , open the trunk with it in my pocket walking around in the house. And I have even had the trunk lid open after starting the car from hitting the button . I may have to have a leather cover made to keep from hitting the button's .

70sguy 12-09-2008 04:17 PM

RE: Who designed this stupid key

You must wear your pants to tight. I've never had that problem.

BkChallenger09R/T 12-09-2008 04:58 PM

Jeans

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

You must wear your pants to tight. I've never had that problem.
I wear Harley Davidson relaxed fit blue Jeans . Maybe my key is touchy for some reason.

Paladin06 12-09-2008 05:08 PM

It's not a key it's a Fob and you my friend have a programming problem. Return to the dealership for the fix. You're not the first.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

I love my new Challenger 6 speed R/T . But what where they thinking when they designed this peg they call a key. And the button's on it set off the alarm , open the trunk with it in my pocket walking around in the house. And I have even had the trunk lid open after starting the car from hitting the button . I may have to have a leather cover made to keep from hitting the button's .

tskatz 12-10-2008 04:53 AM

I believe the key (fob) was designed by Mercedes Benz.

70sguy 12-10-2008 07:32 AM

I was kidding, but it was a possibility. I've seen some cowboys with some pretty tight fitting jeans, not that I have anything against any cowboys.

Axel 12-10-2008 09:18 AM

I see what they were trying to do with this combined fob thing, eliminate more objects on your key ring, but they could have desinged it a little better. Maybe something that slides over the buttons when not in use or something, though I have my fob in my pants and haven't set it off, except when I was trying to push buttons while it was in my pocket and hit the alarm instead. Granted, it's not the same type of fob as this one, as it's before this new fob came out, but I would assume it would have the same issue for hitting buttons if it were going to happen.

RoswellGrey 12-10-2008 09:31 AM

The first time I saw one of the key fobs was early last year on a rental Charger. In all honesty, I thought it was something they'd done for the rental market. Personally, I'd prefer to have a conventional key-and-separate-fob setup. The one for the Challenger is too long to hook onto my regular keyring, so now I have to carry around two different things in my pocket.

Axel 12-10-2008 09:44 AM

That's funny, that's the first time I saw it also, when my wife had to rent a Charger. I thought odd, but maybe something for the rental market, then I started seeing it in the brochures and new better. My wife still doesn't like it, very odd. I agree. I can live with the separate one, though I'm sure this one saves them a little money since they don't have to make two parts Or so I assume.

RoswellGrey 12-10-2008 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Axel

I'm sure this one saves them a little money since they don't have to make two parts
Everything said and done, this is undoubtedly the reason we have fobs instead of conventional keys. Notice how they saved 59 cents or whatever by NOT putting a keyhole on the trunk lid?