Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

2010 Dodge Challenger sliding arm rest!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Challenger sliding arm rest!

I don't know how many of you out there are aware of the sliding arm rest that our Challengers are equipped with! I have owned my Challenger for over 2 months now and I was unaware that the arm rest between the bucket seats slid foreward! I found it by accident while cleaning the arm rest. I don't know if the 2009 and before Challengers were equipped with this, it's pretty cool! Has anyone else missed this feature, it's not in the owners manual and my sales guy never told me about it. Just thought I would share this information, maybe someone else out there will be pleasently surprised!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
caj

Originally Posted by moparmike63
I don't know how many of you out there are aware of the sliding arm rest that our Challengers are equipped with! I have owned my Challenger for over 2 months now and I was unaware that the arm rest between the bucket seats slid foreward! I found it by accident while cleaning the arm rest. I don't know if the 2009 and before Challengers were equipped with this, it's pretty cool! Has anyone else missed this feature, it's not in the owners manual and my sales guy never told me about it. Just thought I would share this information, maybe someone else out there will be pleasently surprised!
I read about it in the owners manual
Old 05-14-2010, 07:26 PM

Was it in the paper owners manual or on the DVD manual, and do you have a 2009 or 2010?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:51 AM

i think they all have the feature, mine is an 09 and it is listed in my owners manual on page 147
Old 05-17-2010, 04:47 AM

I just love the sliding armrest. It is very handy unless you happen to have a paper cup of pop in the cup holder.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 AM

^ you do know pop comes in cans and bottles now right? hahahahaha sorry just being a smartass, but yes my 09' was also equipmed with it.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:22 AM

My 2008 has the sliding arm rest as well.....funny, but I also didn't realize it had the sliding feature until after six months of ownership.....
Old 05-18-2010, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by BLK 6050
.....funny, but I also didn't realize it had the sliding feature until after six months of ownership.....
thats funny but here is something even funnier/dumber?

a few years back i was looking for a used 4 door truck, looked at what
was out there and decided i wanted a ford sport trac 4wd. looked at a bunch of them and settled on one i liked which the PO had really decked out with options and aftermarket items including a top of the line GPS hard mounted under the back seat and only had 50k on it.

i went and looked, test drove it for 20 miles and then went back and spent 3 hours talking them down from 15,800 to 12,300, from 3500 up to 5000 for my trade,etc,etc,etc

long story short, i'm on the highway on the way home and look up at the
temp compass console and see a button, think OH COOL sunglasses holder
push the button forward nothing, push it back and hear a pop that scares the hell out of me and then it got bright inside the truck

you guessed it, power sunroof and i never noticed it due to the sunshade
and not looking up when sitting in it. the pop was the glass had been stuck to the rubber gasket so i guess it hadnt been used in a long time.
i dont even think the salesman knew it was there because he never once mentioned it
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 AM

That’s a good one for sure…..
It's good thing it wasn’t a convertible….you would have been REALLY surprised as the whole world opened up!!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:41 AM

I guess I would have known about the sliding arm rest if I would have gotten a "full size" owners manual, corporate cost cutting at it's best, I got a "mini manual" that only covers certain features like the radio and several other things and I got a DVD that covered "certain" other things, no sliding arm rest. I don't know about you guys but I always enjoyed getting the "full size" owners manual that covered most things that bored most people, but at least you know all there is to know about your new purchase!

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Challenger sliding arm rest!