Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

3rd problem - Dealer screw up and mine

Old 04-16-2009, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd problem - Dealer screw up and mine

Hey gang, so I'm back with another rant......

So sit back, grab a snack, and I'll set the tone for ya!!!

I'm leaving work Tuesday eve (5:30ish) and I back out of my stall and the car starts chiming and the Tire Pressure light goes off. I get out and noted I had a flat tire on the front passenger tire, I went back to the stall to look around and nothing I could see to puncture the rubber, so I whip out the FREAKIN AWESOME air compressor from the trunk with delight..... (yeah right) and fill the tire with air. 20mins I'm on my way to the closest tire shop to have it looked at.

So the tire tech comes over and says, "Dude.... man your tire is toast". First words out of my mouth were... "umm, its a new car, how is it toast?" so the tech shows me the inside of the tire and shows me where the puncture is, but what he's confused about is the weird
design on the inside and how where the puncture is doesn't really line up, (hard to explain) and he says the good news is I can plug the hole for now, but you need a new tire.

The cut or puncture is right on the corner of the tread block and sidewall. Anywyas he patches it and away I roll home.

I call the dealership and the saleman says "oh yeah... I think you are covered, what does the brochure say in your owners manual?". I read it off thinking I had hazard coverage and because I have Nitrogen in the tires, he says to come in and we can check further.

Wednesday I roll into the dealership and they look at the car, the service advisor says... well you need a new tire, and it will be at your cost? So I asked about the road hazard warranty with the Nitrogen program, and he says, "well you didn't buy the nitrogen at point of purchase, we put it in at your first oil change, so you're not covered". At this point I didn't see a point at dealing with this any further. So now you would think a dealership would carry at least 1 of these tires is stock for an event like this, but nope, not 1 to be found, no local tire shops can even get these. So after hearing this, I walked to a phone, and started calling dealerships trying to find 1. Well I located a tire in Ontario and the dealer was willing to sell it to my dealership. Needless to say it's being couriered and should arrive tomorrow at 9am. Just in time for my drive to Edmonton.

oh well, $300 + touch for a tire., good thing I'm getting some body panels painted this weekend as that is keeping my mood in check.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 09-28-2009 at 05:07 PM.