Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Engine (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/engine-16/)
-   -   5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/engine-16/5-7-6-1-hemi-differences-parts-swapping-524/)

lear4406 10-08-2007 04:35 AM

RE: 5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping

Believe me when I say ... that the after market will be out in force, to give you the goodies needed to improve an already awsome package. The 5.7 and the 6.1 have many goodies available and more to come. Dynamic Racing is just one such company that offers ported heads and free flowing exhaust. Matt tests all the equipment that he sells and proves it on the drag strip quite regularly. He is one tuner that puts his stuff to the test and stands behind what he sells. Others you will need to do research on, one in particular and it starts with an H. He has great stuff and makes a lot of horsepower, but he also has complaints that go along with it. Research your tuner well. And I'm sure MOPAR Performance will offer high output additives that will help those do it yourselfers to achieve their horsepower dreams. Nice article above and a good read. You can tell that SRT has put alot of thought into how they make power and make it all very streetable. I applaud Chrysler for their further effort to deliver the goods to keep us one step ahead of the competition:D

1971Chall 02-01-2008 07:39 PM

I worked on the 392 crate motor project. I will give you a few things I know. The cylinder ports are freer flowing in the 6.1 and it requires it's own intake to match. The 6.1 cam is more aggressive than the 5.7. The block is physically the same size but has much bigger bores. The 5.7 is 3.92 inch bore while the 6.1 is 4.06. When we did the 392 we increased the stroke to 3.79 and utilized the 6.1 block for it's bigger bore; so essentially the 392 is a stroked 6.1. Most of the architecture is the same or very similar. I believe the combustion chambers are a little bit larger in the 6.1 also. The 5.7's come with MDS whereas no 6.1 ever has. The Challenger's 5.7 will NOT have MDS when ordered with a 6 speed as has already been posted. Get yourself a Mopar Performance catalog and you can see a few of the things that are currently available for new HEMI's. Expect more when the Challenger full line hits in the fall. Hope this helps.

sanman357 02-25-2008 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: 1971Chall

The Challenger's 5.7 will NOT have MDS when ordered with a 6 speed as has already been posted.
Would you be able to add the MDS to a 6-Speed afterward? I read somewhere that the torque converter does not lockup fully on the automatics, when in MDS mode. Any info on this.
Thanks Carl.

MrKrisSullivan 03-02-2008 08:46 PM

YO!!! LS3 IS IN THE Z51 VETTE' OUT NOW. GIVES ABOUT 425-430 SOLDIERS. Im a vette' freak too. Or wait a performance freak. Yeah i've heard about the LS swaps also.
I was on a GTO blog the other day, ;) sorry fellas, one guy was talking about dropping the 7 liter 427 into a GTO for somebody. Freaking sick. that would be the LS7 i believe. Peace...

lear4406 03-03-2008 12:50 AM

Man where did that come from...yo? I don't mean to be rude but what does an LS3 in the Z51 have to with a Dodge Challenger...yo? I believe you made a wrong turn in Albaturque...yo!

MrKrisSullivan 03-03-2008 09:04 AM

someone asked earlier in the thread they weren't familer with it. Seems like most of you guys aren't familer with anything but with what this car looks like.
I was trying to answer someones inquery (intelligently speaking)
as i would love to tell you what i really think about you right now i'll leave it alone. to bad your either a nerdy dude an old fart or someone nobody really likes.
I tried at least i didn't use any profanity right? Go suck a lemon buddy. try reading the whole thread. Sincerely one performance to a jerk. Peace...
It was your boy RLSH asked. To clarify. Sorry. I'll try not to speak ebonics anymore. So im from the south and i prolly....... yeah prolly have an accent i don't notice either. Much love.

lear4406 03-03-2008 03:16 PM

I too am from the south and would fit the red neck deffinition, never been called nerdy, maybe old fart.Yes you are right after reading the whole post I did speak out of turn and to you I appologize:) But I will not suck a lemon, although a lemon aid would be nice. As for if I'm liked or not that is up to the folks to decide. And yes if you would try to keep it in English and you will lessen the chances of the look of a troll and people will be less likely to go on the defence of the Dodge brand. I have been a Dodge guy since High School in the 70s and have a hair trigger when it comes to brand loyalty. I was in the minority by being a Mopar man and had to be quick both on my feet and in my car. If you took my post as an insult then I am sorry, I bleed Hemi orange and I will give my opinion when i see that it is warrented. Cudos on the no pofanity and again know that you are on a Dodge Challenger Forum and some of us will jump the gun once in a while. Also look at the hour I wrote it and know that I was very tired when it was written and mistakes will be made once in a while:D But have a good day and don't let my words mean more than they are meant. But also show some repect to others here who unlike me are a little more careful in what they say(RLSH700). When I'm wrong I admitt it and when I'm right I will defend it. I was wrong here.

BootCamp 03-03-2008 04:13 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

someone asked earlier in the thread they weren't familer with it. Seems like most of you guys aren't familer with anything but with what this car looks like.
I was trying to answer someones inquery (intelligently speaking)
as i would love to tell you what i really think about you right now i'll leave it alone. to bad your either a nerdy dude an old fart or someone nobody really likes.
I tried at least i didn't use any profanity right? Go suck a lemon buddy. try reading the whole thread. Sincerely one performance to a jerk. Peace...
It was your boy RLSH asked. To clarify. Sorry. I'll try not to speak ebonics anymore. So im from the south and i prolly....... yeah prolly have an accent i don't notice either. Much love.
It was just a matter of time before the personal attacks began. I've seen posts of this type on the redletterdodge blog from you.
If you really want to appear intelligent, you could at least make use of proper spelling, capitalization and punctuation (familiar, inquiry, Too bad, and my personal favorite, probably would be a good start), yo.
As I've said to other Forum Noobs who come in here all too full of themselves, making a ton of posts as soon as they walk in the door;

"Imagine being face to face and speaking to someone in person - THAT'S how you should construct your threads and replies in this (and ANY forum)".
Anyone can be a tough guy (or an @$$ for that fact) behind a computer screen. Try saying something insulting to someone's face and see how THAT flies.
If you want anyone to tolerate your unsolicited opinions, try showing some respect for the folks who've lived in this neighborhood long before the "blessing of your arrival". If you're just here to be obnoxious, I suggest you return to the redletterdodge blog where you're second to none.
Regardless, lear4406 is a section moderator and has been a member for a much longer time than you. While he's not infallible (no one is), we've come to appreciate his input and opinion. His posts are reflective of the level of respect that each member earns for him/herself, and to set the record straight, he IS well liked.
If at any time you feel that you can't be respectful in your posts OR your attitude, please feel free to leave! On the other hand, unlike the redletterdodge site, if at any time WE feel you can't abide by the Forum Rules, we have moderators who'll be happy to show you the door.
Can you feel me?
Peace.

(Some folks just make you wonder if their unfounded arrogance and unparalleled ignorance are "gifts", or if they have to really work at it.[:@])

Jeremiah 29:11 03-03-2008 06:23 PM

to bad your either a nerdy dude an old fart or someone nobody really likes.
It was your boy RLSH asked. To clarify. Sorry. I'll try not to speak ebonics anymore. So im from the south and i prolly....... yeah prolly have an accent i don't notice either
Bootcamp, my thoughts exactly. lear4406, you are a kind man.

MrKrisSullivan, you are new here and I remember your blog comments.

Read below on how you should behave on this family friendly forum. It is 1 thread and 2 posts.

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=12882

After you do that, then come back while following those guidelines, enjoy the forum.

MrKrisSullivan 03-03-2008 06:44 PM

i have no choice right now but to say i've read what you fellas think and so be it. [:'(]
thanks for the apology as it did offend and i type pretty much the way i speak except im sure my voice is a little more louder and deeper if you can imagine. don't lose any sleep over it jeez.
As for punctuation this isn't a college paper and im not being graded right? or am i? I type fast and my not make it to the shift key as quick. bye.