Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

Exhaust recommendations

Old 10-15-2008, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust recommendations

SLP LOUDMOUTH IS AMAZING SOUND AND PERFORMANCE....YOUTUBE IT...SRT8 OR RT SLP LOUDMOUTH IT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME GOOD VIDEOS.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:57 PM

Replace resonators with straight pipe, and cut out the stock mufflers and put in Flowmaster Super 44's. Good times
Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM

I just put on SLP Loudmouth catback. Sounds amazing but VERY loud. I like it just fine but it may not be for everyone. Sounds like you are in an old hemi with cherry bombs AWESOME! but yup loud!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 PM

I priced the Magnaflow Cat-Back System. They wanted over $1400 for it. Then took the car to a local muffler shop that specializes in performance installs. The owner cut everything off aft of the X-Pipe and put on Magnaflow mufflers with straight pipes out the back and used my stock tips. Charged me $650 and did a spectacular job including painting the pipes hi-temp black. I love the sound, and the price is definitely right!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:06 AM

From everything I've heard, nearly every "more agressive" system causes highway drone. Some guys are complaining of headaches after only an hour of highway driving with other systems. I'm not going to list system names since I think it's a matter of opinion and don't want to whizz on anyone's personal preferences.
Corsa is the ONLY system I haven't heard anyone complain about highway drone. It may not be as agressive a sound as other systems, but the performance increase, improved sound and lack of drone are enough to convince me. Cheapest I've seen the CatBack Corsa for the SRT is $1305.00 - online - and then add installation costs. Lifetime warranty makes it worth the price.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Can't complain one bit about Corsa quality/product. I have it on my Viper and not a drop of drone, love the kit!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:40 PM

I love my Corsa system Again Lightningforce performance had best prices for them.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

From everything I've heard, nearly every "more agressive" system causes highway drone. Some guys are complaining of headaches after only an hour of highway driving with other systems. I'm not going to list system names since I think it's a matter of opinion and don't want to whizz on anyone's personal preferences.
You're right BootCamp, mine definitely does have a bit of a drone, but all things considered, I do like the sound.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:18 PM

I deleted the rear resonators and mounted a pair of Flowmaster Super 44s in place of the stock mufflers. Here is a short vid I took before and after the swap. I still have not driven the car, so I cannot report on "drone" issues. Personally, it will not bother me a bit if it happens to be loud on the inside. I am a hot rod guy to the core, and a car like this should sound as good as it looks. It's not my daily driver, either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGuJ9hPxsRs
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM

That sounds very nice novawagonmaster. Here's a vid of mine. This isn't my exact car, but it is the "same" (5.7 Hemi) with the exact same setup right down to the hi-temp black on the pipes. These are the folks who did mine (Kinney Muffler in Hurst, Texas) and it give a nice video of the attention to detail under the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvMPXBhItiE

Quick Reply: Exhaust recommendations