Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 Dodge Challenger: Mopar and Speedfactory Performance and Specs article

Old 07-23-2009, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Dodge Challenger: Mopar and Speedfactory Performance and Specs article

Hey guys,

You will see me here and there post a question connected to an article on the homepage. We hope you will join in the conversations. Enjoy the article and the talk!

What do you guys thinks about factor manufactured upgrades? As the article states, Chevy and Ford did nicely with the ZR1 and GT500. Or do you think the impressive array of aftermarket products reigns supreme? Have you checked out any of these Speedfactory and Mopar special edition Challengers? How do you like them?

If you missed the article, you can find it here: https://dodgechallenger.com/2008-dod...-and-specs.php

If you're itching to talk more Challenger, here are a bunch of threads: https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/ta...tag=challenger

Thanks!

Last edited by DodgeChallenger.com Editors; 07-23-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:29 PM

I like the idea of some factory upgrades. The whole thing should be limited though. I think the Mustang model shows how the massive numberof models dilutes the whole line. With all of the Mustangs, not many of which are even very high performance, you can't tell one from another. They are all the same.They have so many factory models, Bullitt, 40 anniversary, etc. that they are hard to keep up with. Add that to the Saleens, Shelbys and Rousch and you can't tell a performer from a pretender.
I don't think Dodge should offer the very small "Stage 1" (sounds like the Rousch plasticars, doesn't it?) it kind of makes me mad that SRT doesn't do that in the first place. I have an SRT8 and why didn't the top of the line performance Dodge have a stinkin' cold air intake? Add some real performance or leave it alone.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:48 AM

It'd be nice to know what the packages cost. It seems like with many factory packages, they cost a lot for what they deliver. An Edmunds test gave a price of 11K for a basic supercharger package, or 24K as tested with all the suspension and wheels and tires and such. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=140366#14

They do not seem to have much of a unique look, which I might have expected from a factory upgrade package. Nothing wrong with a sleeper though.

I'd probably just buy my own blower and take it from there.