Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009 STR8 over MSRP at local dealer

Old 12-07-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009 STR8 over MSRP at local dealer

I agree whatever the dealer sells the car for they will get whatever over MSRP for themselfs to keep.
But many cars are just sitting on the dealers lots not being sold.
Yes that dealer I went to had a loaded 09 STR8 their markups,,,Its was the only challenger he had on
his lot.He had a few Chargers yukkkk.
But there are other dodge dealers with many on their lots not being sold near me.
I want to see the Camaro SS First since winter is here in the Northeast and hate to drive a new car in the snow....
I am sure this is the last Year for the Challenger and maybe we will not get to see the Camaro since GM might be gone.
As for Ford I am sure they will have a Mustang GT for 2010 and as for ford getting a 400HP in their 2011 Stang Gts.
I feel you will never see that since Gas prices will be high again once the economy gets better.
The Whitehouse says that they think ONE car company will fail soon,,,wonder what one???
Old 12-07-2008, 04:36 PM

Tonight,CBS News said that they felt Chrysler would be the one to go.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:43 PM

Geeeee maybe its time to buy a Challenger Rt instead of waiting to see a camaro that might not ever come out?
Even if you cannot get warentty if dodge goes of of business,,,but the car will be so very limited and will hold its price for
years to come
Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 PM

I was invited to displayed my Challenger at the 4th Annual Southwest Airlines Children's Christmas Party & custom Car and Bike Show at Sky Harbor Airport) last Sat. It was amazing to me the reaction my "stock" Challenger received at a show that included a lot of heavy hitter customs and race cars. Many people became very excited at the sight of "one of those New Challengers". I was really neat because there was a black 70 Challenger near mine and people kept walking back and forth between the two, compearing the old and the new. I was also amazed by the number of people that came over to my Challenger and I kept hearing "this is the first one I have seen in person". Where are all the Challengers?? At this rate I will still be a rock star for some time to come... I had a large number of Camaro fans that felt the Challenger was the best looking of the three "Retro" pony cars...but they still wanted to check out the new Chevy offering before buying. Like I told they...they were more than likely looking at the last of the muscle cars to be offered by the big three...don't wait to long...
Old 12-07-2008, 05:44 PM

Almost forgot....neat driving down the taxi-way within sight of airliners waiting to take-off (we were always following a company vehicle, wouldn't be wise to turn loose muscle cars with that much "strip" in front of them)....Anyway, would have loved to see the passengers faces and hear what they may have been saying as we drove by......
Old 12-07-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

...but they still wanted to check out the new Chevy offering before buying. Like I told they...they were more than likely looking at the last of the muscle cars to be offered by the big three...don't wait to long...
Yeah, every time I take her out, MAN! Lots of gawking and asking questions and stories about their old school Challengers. If I leave it outside the garage too long half my neighborhood ends up in my driveway.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:05 PM

Geeeee its very hard finding a Blue 09 Challenger Rt on Ebay with a manual trans.........
I guess the blue is alot more limited......
I have to see if any of the big 3 will be going out of business soon.
This week lets see if they get their bailouts?
i see that there are many good deals on Ebay,,,its better to shop on ebay sometimes instead
of hearing these lame dealers about how rare these cars are so they have to jack the price up.....
I did a quick check on Dodges website in my area,,,,geee there are many V8 challengers on dealer lots not sold.
This is a bad time when you have the 09 Challenger,Camaro and Stang Gt coming out at about the same time......