Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

Old 05-26-2008, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

Hi,
New to the forums, and saw this post. I'm in the same boat as MossOnARoc. I'm a bit disapointed to see I won't have the only SRT8 in Germany, but oh well. Since I am in Germany, I won't have to pay any state taxes, just the gas guzzler tax. The uplift charge is refundable as long as the price stays the same. The expected delivery date to the port is August, but it won't be here in Germany until sometime in December. I'm like a kid again, waiting for Santa.

1. SRT8 6-Speed
2. TorRed
3. Wiesbaden, Germany (Military Auto Sales)
4. See Paperwork Below
5. $1,000

Page 1

Page 2

P.S. Hey MossOnARoc! What is the SRT Option Group I & II? I don't see that on my order. I'm not getting the sunroof or the kicker sound system. I am getting the MyGig w/Navigation (hope I can get German Maps). Thx for the info, and we should get together and cruise sometime.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:03 AM

Hey SKiDs33t!

Crusing would be great! I'm in the Heidelberg Area, so about 20 minutes away on a Germany Holiday...

I'd love to see the TorRed in person too... I've been back an forth several times on my color choice (Red, Black, or Hemi)

The SRT Option group I & II are talked about on the last page of this PDF:
http://www.dodge.com/en/pdf/buyersgu...enger_2009.pdf

Unfortunately, I don't think our Nav systems will work over here. Everything I've read on the Chargers and 300s say you have to get a compleely different system installed (but that was several months ago)... You would think that it's just a Map load at the dealership, but that would be too easy...

Keep in touch!

Moss
Old 05-27-2008, 03:43 AM

1)SRT
2)Black
3)Tokyo, Japan
4)msrp or slightly above
5)50000yen ... that's about 500USD only

its gonna be a grey inport here so
Old 05-27-2008, 07:56 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the info Moss!

I went down to the dealer this afternoon and added the SRT Option Group I. Got to have the security system and Uconnect, and the Illuminated bits are just icing on the cake. I'm already over budget, so I excluded the SRT Option Group II. I'm sure the stock speaker system will be just fine. And I won't need a CD changer with the USB port on the MyGig. I also wanted the Orange at first, but it seems a little too much. "Arrest me TorRed" should get enough attention as it is. The Hemi Orange would just be a Polizei magnet! Besides, if the rumors are true the Orange will be a limited run in the '09s. I REALLY wanted the B5 Blue, but am too impatient to wait for it.

Hope to see you on the Autobahn soon!
SKiDs
Old 05-31-2008, 06:57 PM

1)SRT
2)Hemi Orange
3)Orange County, CA
4)Invoice + $850.00
5)$1000.

Actually ordered THREE SRT Challengers!!! (myself, my brother, and our friend) The sales manager said it was the first time he's ever sold three cars at the same exact time...and 3 IDENTICAL cars!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM

The plant built a 2009 RT 6 speed [sm=gears.gif]Challenger pilot car yesterday. The guy that I was talking to was standing next to it and said that the color was the best color yet on the challenger. It was Dark Titainium and it came out a lot better than it looks like on the web site.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:41 AM

Budman any word on a convertible yet for 09 . Thanks Clint
Old 06-01-2008, 08:57 AM

That is a good question. I will ask them next week
ORIGINAL: 1971cuda convert

Budman any word on a convertible yet for 09 . Thanks Clint
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM

R/T Manual W/all the bells and whistles
Deep Water Blue Pearl Coat (I've got to be different!)
Anderson, SC
MSRP (First new car I ever had to pay MSRP on)
$500
Old 06-01-2008, 12:40 PM

I believe that info sheet may be wrong -- to my understanding SRT OPTION GROUP I is "standard" on the SRT8 challenger and the only option group available is SRT OPTION GROUP II. This is per the leaked Chrysler documentation PDF (back on 5/12/08) found on another Challenger forum. This would make sense because the major pull of group I was the U-connect in the rear-view mirror, which is part of the MyGIG system now instead.

I might have to double-check with my dealer, but he had only mentioned group II at the time of ordering and that's all I can find in the chrysler PDF. group I seems to be standard. Anyone able to chime in on this either way?

--EDIT--
Further looking into it, the Electronics Convenience Group (Package AFC) on the R/T includes Illuminated cup holders/U-Connect

since that group is usually "Standard" on SRT8s anyways, that again makes sense. There's no mention of SRT OPTION GROUP I in the Chrysler PDF, only II (Package AY2).

Quick Reply: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER