Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

Old 06-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER

BOOTCAMP, in your best opinion when would be the best time of day here in the states to call that number in India to check on a VON? I have a signed order for a 2009 R/T from back on May 15th with a VON number and its in Status "BA" . I feel that it should be a little further along than that by now so I'd like to check. All the dealer says is that he has no Vin yet and probably not untill after the July shutdown. Thanks for any opinion you can provide, Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: fatcat

Finally I can say add mine to the list:

On 5/15/2008 I ordered a 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T and have a signed order with a placed refundable deposit if oder is declined by Dodge or Chrysler; Here are the basic facts:

1. R/T , 5.1 Hemi A/T

2. Color - Hemi Orange Pearl

3. Dealer- Buhler Dodge, Eatontown, NJ

4.Negotiated at this time is $300 below Factory MSRP, but could be less if Friends and Family discount is allowed. ( I doubt it very much)

5.Deposit- $500 refundable if Dodge or Chrysler declines order, which hasn't happened yet.

Most of all I'm very happy and elated that I've done this but I will not believe it till I drive off the lot in this 2009 Challenger. Then this dealer will get all my auto business , maintenance, service, and the sale of at least 2 more new cars for the wife and son. I hope all those dealers that tried to gouge or BS me read this. Thats what dealer loyality is all about!!!!!!!!!!!! Fat Cat

[sm=hiya.gif] Hi Fatcat...please keep us informed how your making out with Buhler Dodge...i am about 20 mins from Eatontown and if they do you right I would like to know THANKS!
Old 06-28-2008, 04:40 PM

FormulaS, no problem. I probably will call them on Moday to see if there's any news but I doubt it as the last call all I got was....."When we get a VIN number we will call you and deposit your check. I've bought from Bulher in the past and was well treated but I'm thinking the problem with these Challengers is with Dodge mostly except the price gouging which is all a Dealer problem ,.......PURE GREED.....some would argue thats just the American way ...I disagree....in any case lets stay in touch if you like,
Fat Cat [sm=gears.gif]
Old 06-28-2008, 04:47 PM

fatcat, I got through around 3:30 pm et on the first try. You won't get a VIN until youre at C status or better. Your VON is what the CSR will use and will verify the name that the order is placed under in the mean time.
I believe status changes as scheduling takes place. Scheduling is done the month before the work occurs. I was told that the next status change will be mid July when the plant shuts down and the schedule is set for September. The current status reflects Augusts schedule.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:51 AM

ordered 6/27/08 SRT8 Silver all options except sunroof $500 under MSRP von number $5000 down
Old 06-29-2008, 11:00 AM

I'm sorry I have a little trouble with "all options" and under MSRP. So the dealer added no charge for the options and reduced the price of the car by $500? What are you his son-in-law?

ORIGINAL: Challenger One

ordered 6/27/08 SRT8 Silver all options except sunroof $500 under MSRP von number $5000 down
Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

I'm sorry I have a little trouble with "all options" and under MSRP. So the dealer added no charge for the options and reduced the price of the car by $500? What are you his son-in-law?

ORIGINAL: Challenger One
LOL!

IF the dealer holdback and 94.5% of sticker cost still applies on 09s, his dealer is still going to realize about a $2500 profit on that car - with all options except the sunroof and at $500 under sticker.
Thats a modest/reasonable profit. Everyone's happy.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:48 PM

Just ordered today 6/30/08 a 2009 r/t auto!!!!!!!
hemi orange
J pkg
mygig (new version) internet capable?
18" s
electr conv pkg
roof and HID
$1050 off msrp + options
Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM

Wow, the hottest car Chrysler has had in years. Almost impossible to get for those that have had one on order for seven months! And you guys are claiming that there are dealers taking your money and promising UNDER MSRP. Please keep us all informed as to if these dealers that have not been able to sell much are really going to keep their word and make less profit on the hottest thing they have.

I will keep watching this forum throughout the fall. I will be shocked if those under MSRP on a SRT, or for that matter a RT, actually receive their car.

Good luck,

Dave
Old 06-30-2008, 01:17 PM

Dave i know were their is one right now for 10 over in Palm Springs they just called me

Quick Reply: 2009's-INFO ON THOSE WHO HAVE PLACED A SOLID ORDER