Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

35 totaled challengers

Old 07-07-2008, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 35 totaled challengers

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Ahhh... good thinking brucer. Some schmuck will probably rationalize that it somehow adds value making it a rarer car than the other 6400, thus demanding a much higher price...
Good point! Yes, a car being hit by hail is considered an "act of God." Those Challengers must be blessed, hence worth a lot more money!
Old 07-07-2008, 11:18 AM

I'm with you.........these cars are around 40,000 a pop. First off I have seen serious hail damage on a vehicle....looking at these photos I see no damage. Even if it was so, you are telling me that it would cost more than 40,000 to repair said hail damage? Give me a break.....just another person blowing smoke up our rear ends. Good try though.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM

The very unfortunate news is that every vehicle sitting in bay at Council Bluffs received significant
damage and will likely be bought back and sent t auction. The vehicle list includes (35) Dodge Challenger
SRT8s. The damage to these vehicles is not dentless paint repair. The damage is significant and includes
broken windshields and headlights. Most body panels will have to be replaced. Therefore these units will be
re-classified as "Act of God, major transportation damage" and will be sold at auction.

There is nothing that can be done to recover a unit bought back. The vehicles are now on "Hail Storm" hold
and awaiting Insurance Inspection and buy back. Obviously this is devastating news to those people waiting
for one of the 35 Dodge Challengers that were effected. There is no avenue to replace these units as the
production has been filled for the 2008 model year.

Please do not contact Sierra Mountain Express in Council Bluffs, to check the status of your vehicle. They are
scrambling to catch up with the situation and everything is on hold waiting inspection. You can see the status of
your vehicle in DealerConnect.

We apologize for this unfortunate situation.

DBC Distribution

Those cars are supposed to be the ones that are fixed and being sold at auction. The severely damaged cars were supposedly crushed.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:06 PM

YIKES! However if those pictures are of these Challengers, I sure don't see any damage to them such as described. Whats the real story here? Also, wouldn't these cars now show up as KZOG and show up on VinVision as such? strange that one of our intrepid gods of VV haven't posted a VV report with this code on it. With 35 cars and the slow speed to which they are releasing them you would figure to see some of them coming through on VV. Just a thought.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:17 PM

How much are these cars worth? I may have an inside source.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:22 PM

I have $20k, how can I put my order in?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 PM

Well,motor is worth 6grand......LOL
Old 07-07-2008, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

YIKES! However if those pictures are of these Challengers, I sure don't see any damage to them such as described. Whats the real story here? Also, wouldn't these cars now show up as KZOG and show up on VinVision as such? strange that one of our intrepid gods of VV haven't posted a VV report with this code on it. With 35 cars and the slow speed to which they are releasing them you would figure to see some of them coming through on VV. Just a thought.
I was caught in hail storm in SD and my car looked like it went through car wash of hammers. There was dimples all over car. If these are the hailstorm cars they can be repaired for about $4500 each. If they are flood cars I would say "Totaled".
Old 07-07-2008, 05:50 PM

I've got a call into Ohmaha auctions. The page said auction this Thursday and was dated 7/5. So auction would be upcoming 7/10. Right?

So, ding dictor, body fill, seal, prime, paint,

I can compromise for enough money. Theory of first scratch....
Steve
Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM

The title will say "totaled" or "rebuild" on it wont it?

Quick Reply: 35 totaled challengers