Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/6-4-hemi-fantasy-closer-reality-5341/)

BLK 6050 11-16-2008 07:52 AM

RE: 6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

With the auto makers having their hands extended, asking for a bailout...I don't see it happening.....It would be like a big company such as, say an AIG getting a big bailout then using the money for a huge company party......oh wait, that's not the example I wanted to use.......

IF Chrysler stands alone without the merger... and if they get bailout money...and if the Government doesn't require huge increases in mileage requirements...and if the Challenger is still being built...and if the economy improves...and if gas prices don't skyrocket... and if...well you get the message...there are a lot of "ifs" to get around before you will see the 6.4 offered...(I don't see it happening myself)

Justinec101 11-16-2008 09:26 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath for the V6 being produced in 2010 much less a 6.4 V8.

Rudy61SRT8 11-16-2008 02:46 PM

I AGREE . I don't think there is any market for a 6.4 V8 because the 6.1's are not even selling...

Charger SRT8's decrease in production each year ...
Magnunm got pulled
How many 300 SRT8's do you see ?
How many Charger SRT8's do you see ?

So there goinna make an even bigger engine ? That causes more pollution , for a population that has little (us) to no intrest in theese?

If there is a 2010 Challenger I would be shocked , BUDMAN I was being sarcastic to the original poster sorry.

kevin2323 11-16-2008 04:12 PM

rudy saw your car behind kendall village theatre around 440 today....there was a guy and a girl looking at the car i dunno if it was you so i didnt say hi. Not stalking you or anything was just going to the movies with my girl haha.

MrKrisSullivan 11-16-2008 07:16 PM

ummm they need to just re-vamp the 6.1 end of story....
I'm willing to bet there will be Challengers in 2010, now for 2011 who knows...

2007HemiCuda 11-16-2008 08:31 PM

Reading through this thread it obvious a few of you have little knowledge how the auto industry works. There will be a 2010 Challenger, 2009 is like tomorrow. Auto companies can’t stand still they must keep evolving product. The full Challenger lineup has been on sale a few months in the worst economic conditions in over 50 years a little early to talk about its demise.

I trust the source with an excellent track record. The rest is noise.

BUDMAN 11-16-2008 10:11 PM

Oh I agree there will be a 2010 Challenger you should cancel your order and be the first in line to get the 6.4 404 HP ask your reliable source what HP rating it will have and report back to us.

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

Reading through this thread it obvious a few of you have little knowledge how the auto industry works. There will be a 2010 Challenger, 2009 is like tomorrow. Auto companies can’t stand still they must keep evolving product. The full Challenger lineup has been on sale a few months in the worst economic conditions in over 50 years a little early to talk about its demise.

I trust the source with an excellent track record. The rest is noise.
A long time very reliable source at AllPar says the 6.4 is coming. Unlike a lot of rumor from unnamed sources talking gloom and doom this comes from someone with a record of being right. I choose to believe and this is good news.
Now the inevitable do I cancel my SRT order for the 6.4 debate.

2007HemiCuda 11-17-2008 12:38 AM

About 525

I apologize for my tone in the previous post but I get tired of the negativity around here.

Rudy61SRT8 11-17-2008 04:31 AM

KEV at 440 I believe I was in that area (not sure)! It prob. was me but i'm not sure don't hesitate to say what's up i'm not rude bro lol !!!!

HemiCuda , I really didn't believe the source until I did more research and i'm sorry I was wrong and it is looking like the 6.4 is coming out ....

awesome news !

MrKrisSullivan 11-17-2008 09:07 AM

where is that thread that you read that HEMI???? I've read an article similiar to that about 8 or 9 months ago...
BUDMAN is right though they did say a convertible was coming which we know now is false...
Has there been an update to the 6.4 HEMI story??? Or are you reading old news??? I can't seem to find what your reading or where on that site, because everything I see is "old news".... Times have definatly seemed to change in the last several months, I think we can all agree on that... Ohh yeah I said I'd bet on a 2010 coming out so I feel you...