Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

A long time very reliable source at AllPar says the 6.4 is coming. Unlike a lot of rumor from unnamed sources talking gloom and doom this comes from someone with a record of being right. I choose to believe and this is good news.
Now the inevitable do I cancel my SRT order for the 6.4 debate.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Default RE: 6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality

LOL... wow man... I hope it does come out... But I'd like to see Dodge focus on the 6.1 by improving the HP and makeing it available with MDS... To the contrary If you really want this car I would go ahead and get it ,if and when the 6.4 gets here I would suspect it being at least two years from today... I just really feel theres a big market for the 6.1 now that the 5.7 HEMI has paved the way, if they could put the HP to about 450 and offer MDS I would think that would satisfy everybody, I love dodge for the bigger better aproach, but right now with this economy they really could kill a few birds with one stone if they would re-vamp the 6.1 as in the case of the 5.7...
Where on Allpar did you find that info??? I was just on the site a few days ago... Im going back right now, thanks... post a link maybe?? Please??
Old 11-15-2008, 08:24 PM

Here is a way to do it!! You can cancel then wait and dont get one or get yours and buy a crate motor and drop it in and have more power than the 6.4 I dont know if you read the news if the big 3 want there loans they have to make HUGE changes in fuel milage and clean air. if you read between the lines do you think they are going to plunk a bigger motor in the Challenger? Allpar also said they were going to build a convert and in 09 they would build over 10,000 SRT's. FACT they will build less than half of that and no convert. The only way you will see a 6.4 in a prod car will be to build a few like 100 so they can get the NHRA drag car rules met.

ORIGINAL: 2007HemiCuda

A long time very reliable source at AllPar says the 6.4 is coming. Unlike a lot of rumor from unnamed sources talking gloom and doom this comes from someone with a record of being right. I choose to believe and this is good news.
Now the inevitable do I cancel my SRT order for the 6.4 debate.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:15 PM

The price would be a few bucks over sticker with a limited run like that one would think.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 AM

One would think that when the big 3 are about to all go bankrupt and are relying on a government loan to build fuel effiecent cars that they would not invest in a bigger hemi for it's 2 door coupe that probloby isn't coming out in 2010.

If it does that will be GREAT , but i'm fine with the 6.1 ... if I was one of the guys on order for a year and a half for an srt and this is true I might of beeen a little mad.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:10 AM

I think it would be very limited or not happen at all with the auto makers just hanging on waiting for the government to give them cash. This problem is not going away fast, as most Americans would hope for it may take years to turn this economy around Im happy these cars even made it to the street
Old 11-16-2008, 06:47 AM

I would not cancel your SRT order. Even if the go ahead was given for the 6.4 (which I HIGHLY doubt), you're assuming Chrysler LLC will still be around to produce it. Nevermind the bailout talk, I'm very concened on how intent Cebreus is on selling Chrysler whole, or in parts. Bird in hand is much better. Finally, even if it came to fruition, it will not be a few thousand over MSRP. Look at what they are considering charging for the Hurst Editions. Lowest one (still 5.7) is rumored at $10,000 over sticker.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 AM

If it is confirmed for 2010 I would cancel my order.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:42 AM

RUDY again you have only been here since 8/08 go back and read the whole who has a 2008 challenger on order blog from day one and you will learn something also remember nothing is confirmed with Chrysler until you can order it at a dealer and that is iffy until it goes to D statis. Sorry for being so blunt but if i have an SRT on order and someone on this site talked me in to canceling my order to wait for a car that wont be built I would start hunting them down. WE ARE LUCKY THEY BUILT THE SRT8 Challenger at all I posted a few months ago look for the Challenger SRT6 and Challenger SRT4 in 10 or 11

ORIGINAL: Rudy61SRT8

If it is confirmed for 2010 I would cancel my order.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:51 AM

That would keep him busy til 2010....

Quick Reply: 6.4 HEMI Fantasy Closer to Reality