Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

7.0 Hemi?

Old 09-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7.0 Hemi?

the speculation of an exhaust company means very little to me..
Old 09-02-2007, 12:17 PM

Speculation? The fact that the site hasn't been updated in months shows that at one point it was simply speculation. However, if you look at big auto parts companies recently updfated websites which actually SELL the parts, they also have the same exhaust systems listed for sale. You're telling me a multi-million dollar business is going to publicly announce that it will be selling a product, then come along with an "oops... there's not even a car that's going to fit the product we're marketing!"??? come on.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Banned

And do you think a multi-billion dollar company is going to stick to some random plan just out of consideration to some aftermarket exhaust company?
Old 09-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

I looked up Flowmaster, Jegs, SummitRacing and Borla, and I do not see the 2009 Challenger only the one you listed.

It is easy to later make a few changes to engines sizes listed and who cares except for the few of us early birds.

And do you think a multi-billion dollar company is going to stick to some random plan just out of consideration to some aftermarket exhaust company?
I am not sure I am convinced that any plan has been shown to aftermarket companies yet.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:24 PM

hey, i could be wrong. just my thoughts on what info i've found.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

However, if you look at big auto parts companies recently updfated websites which actually SELL the parts, they also have the same exhaust systems listed for sale.
So what other ones are there other than Magnaflow? You made it sound like there was several, I am just looking to find them.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Administrator

lets also keep in mind that the challenger is sitting on a slightly altered LX platform..which means that any listings could easily be for a charger or magnum...lets also keep in mind that the odds are very good that not a single one of these companies has gotten their hands on a challenger for R&D, because if dodge was sending out challengers for R&D to aftermarket companies, you can guarantee that the news would get out about that...pictures would surface, etc...

tha very well could be magnaflow (who is trying desperately to catch up with the bigger companies like pipes or flowmaster) getting some attention from people saying "hey look, magnaflow has challenger parts"...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

because if dodge was sending out challengers for R&D to aftermarket companies, you can guarantee that the news would get out about that...pictures would surface, etc...
As far as I know, no OEM ever sends cars to aftermarket companies for development, and certainly not before the car has been launched.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator

i know how companies deal with fitment issues on new models...do you?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Banned

No, because I never worked with an aftermarket company. I only worked with the OEM, and I know we never wasted time dealing with aftermarket companies at all, ever.

Quick Reply: 7.0 Hemi?