Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

/////////////

Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The final pictures.....

TaylorSF,

When you post your links you do not have to press the image button.

I deleted the IMG commands and you now have direct links........that is why Paladin could not see them.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Does anyone know where..

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

The SRT engineers stated that the bends in the air ducts that would be necessary to connect them would be too restrictive and would negate any ram air effect.

TaylorSF: Which makes no sense looking at it, but math wise the cowl was better than most ram systems facing forwards.
What the SRT engineer said is true but you still have to have the hood scoop high around 2-4 inches to even get the air flow coming in. Then you have the 2nd issue of restrictive "bends in the air ducts".

As for the Cowl, with it being backwards to you get the low air pressure effect and then air flows in at a high speed.

This is exactly why I prefer this type of hood scoop (The Cowl is a Chevy invention and the reason I do not prefer it....a pride thing).
See the picture below.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/0791CC2F59A446EBA26E480939388934.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Does anyone know where..

I would think the SRT8 "open" inserts would fit in the SE version, can't imagine Chrysler would manufacture a different size for the same model hood. Now the underside access may be blocked off as you mentioned. I'll bet SRT8 inserts can or will be available through Chrysler or mopar.

Like Jeremiah said, we've been discussing this for about a year. To me, the dropping of the functional butterfly openings on the concept with the K&N filter perched on the radiator support, fed by underhood ducting was DEAD ON...Too bad they didn't finish it that way. Even as the engineers argue about the bends, etc., bottom line is it was a major "cool" factor for the car and gave it even more old school soul...dang it...