Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

After Market Stripes

Old 06-21-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: After Market Stripes

ORIGINAL: YoDesigner

Those stripes are about as nasty as those fake fender ports I have been seeing on POS cars in my neighborhood..... No way I would put that kind of garb on a new car.........
YEA, PRETTY LAME ALLRIGHT...I SAW A MAGNUM LAST WEEK WITH RED REFLECTOR TAPE PIN STRIPES....WHAT WAS THE DUDE THINKING, BUT THE RAM LOGO IN THE REAR WINDOW WAS COOL..IF IT WAS IN THE REAR WINDOW OF A 4X4........OH.....ANYONE SEEN GOOD USE OF THOSE COOL FLAME DECALS LATELY?? LOL
Old 06-21-2008, 07:36 PM

Yeah... have to agree with the majority on this one... does not do the car justice... just something not lookin right about them.

I am sure others will come up with more too, some worse and hopefully some better...
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
awc

I'm in the same boat, the stripes seem to be way too wide in the back. I was always a fan of the stripe options you could choose on that "Paint your Challenger" web application that has been floating around. The 'Hemi' stripe in particular always caught my eye.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: awc

I'm in the same boat, the stripes seem to be way too wide in the back. I was always a fan of the stripe options you could choose on that "Paint your Challenger" web application that has been floating around. The 'Hemi' stripe in particular always caught my eye.
Rider Graphix patterned the new stripes off of a 1971 Challenger T/A. Those stripes were wide, too. See:

http://www.allpar.com/model/challenger.html
Old 06-22-2008, 06:45 AM

The stripes do not look right...they are not the same as the ones shown in the TA challenger at the top of the page..
they do not have the outline stripe that borders all the way around the whole stripe...does not look right at all.....
edit-

After looking closer at the stripes on the web site they do show the pin stripe around main stripe..its hard to see
on the pictures of the cars with the stripe..the info says they use the original specs for spacing I guess it just does not
come across as well in the pix...another thing that makes it look like something is wrong is the door handles stand out
.the contrast breaks up the stripe..on the originals the handles were black and blended into the stripe.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 AM

I'lll skip on these - they just dont appear right.

I like the billboards that HXC is going to paint on the Challengers to make them look like Cudas, the real fender gills and shaker hood all add to the total package. Boy I miss my 71 Cuda.

Eric
Old 06-22-2008, 12:57 PM

As crazy as it sounds I wanna do white Starsky and Hutch stripes with SRT at the angle! I tried to talk my wife into doing something similar with her Black 2000 Firebird (then the stripe was “Harley Orange”) No one lets me have fun!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1306/C131147AEDCF439CB3D910A95FC00BD2.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BmdGcPmAzA

Old 06-22-2008, 03:18 PM

Im sure the production stripes will be better. Im glad they have hood stripes as well
Old 06-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Yes, 08 owners need them in Carbon Fiber to match the hood. Also, too wide for my tastes. Lastly, someone needs to pattern the stripes after the 1970 'Cuda AAR that go the length of the car from front bumper to rear bumper and have them spaced outnow I think that would be cool and might do it myself on my Black Chally...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:44 PM

What do you all think about the '70 style hockey stripe(HEMI) on the E-bodies?????????? What color would look good on a black challenger??????????

A- orange
B- silver
C- red
D-flat black
E-none of the above

Quick Reply: After Market Stripes