Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Another Good Sign.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Good Sign.

heath eh? where is that in relation to brice? ive been staying on brice since the nats returned from indy. i also went to indy for a few years, and it sucked.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM

I think it's like 7 miles or so from the track......northeast? Been several years since I was there but last time we got a room dirt cheap there. Haven't been to Carlisle but I can't even imagine anything topping the Nat's. Drags,swaps, show and the extracurricular, it's MOPAR HEAVEN I think!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:25 PM

Heath is the next exit possibly second after the exit for National trails on highway 70 East of the track. I drove by there every weekend going to and from Wyotech, but the weekend of the mopar nats was awesome... Following cudas and challengers and super bees all the way from West Virginia to the track and passing vendor trailers and crap loads of other mopars on the opposite side heading towards the track. That was also the weekend i graduated from Wyotech so it was like a graduation present seeing all those cars on the road.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:26 PM

Heath is about 10 minutes Northeast of the track. Last year the mayor put a flyer in each goodie bag at the Nats saying basically (to paraphrase here) "Come out to Heath the town is yours, do what ever you want, we don't care, just drop some money at some of our fine resturants, shops and hotels while you are here". The town had a huge party, they closed down the Best Buy parking lot and had a burnout zone, you could do burnouts anywhere in town, even on the streets, the cops were just there to waive their finger at you if you started to lose control or got way out of hand and for crowd control. They let it go until 11pm when they shut it down, but let the party at the hotels last all night. A couple of club memebers who are judges for the Nationals were telling me that the cops didn't write one ticket all weekend. In response to this all of the Dodge dealer who sponsered the event and the mayor's office got bags and bags worth of thank you letters, and from what I've heard it's all on again this year. It's already impossible to get a hotel room in Heath it's self.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:58 PM

Gosh, I think we just talked me into going back this year! Let's just hope things don't get too crazy and they don't have to start cracking down on the activities.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:01 PM

I don't think Heath is going to crack down, it brings too much money into a little town no one has ever heard of.