Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Ticked.
37.50%
Not Ticked...driving fast scares me.
62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Anybody else Ticked?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else Ticked?

Is anybody else as pissed as I am?

I've waited 30 years for a new Challenger... then it gets here and it's bigger, longer, and heavier than it should be. 1000 pounds more than the real Challenger, and 700 more than a Camaro/Mustang. They took my beautiful Challenger and turned it into a fat kid.

It looks great, I'd love to get one... but how can I when there will be a Camaro with more power and less weight?? The "Charger" fiasco was bad enough...why did they have to screw up the Challenger?

Pissed.

Thoughts?

[:@]

[]

[&o]
Old 04-24-2008, 10:05 PM

Default RE: Anybody else pissed?

definatly hear you man and on that thought i'm pissed too. At least we get a really good looking car though. Yeah it blows me away how they didn't try to cut weight in any way it seems.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:35 PM

I can get used to the weight if the transfer is good. I'm no chevy fan, but they made the ImpalaSS 94-96 @ 4400 pounds. I have sold converters to many with only bolt on mods and they see some amazing 60" times. I doubt that Chevy ever intended to build a 4400 pound car that would take the same year Vette off the line and get better ET's.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:40 AM

Nope.. I'm good.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice choice, How about times change and safety features add weight. How about car co. about to go belly up and they work with what they got. We have hashed this over and over. Go get you a Camaro if you think thats what you need! Some folks even like the extra weight because it will ride better But if the speed and quickness is it... then why not wait and see what the times are before you complain. There is not one road test out that uses a Challenger and gives stats. We were the heaviest pony car in the 70s and we did just fine. All articles I have read it ranks as one of the all time best 70s car to own. So let the chips fall and get what you want, if its not the Challenger then so be it. Alot of others in line to get one.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:02 AM

It's heavy but not super heavy... Look at the weight on the Vette. The Mustang is lighter but it's smaller too. This is a bigger car.

It looks like it has nice safety features, can handle well, and has *plenty* of power. Frankly, I can't wait to get my hands on an SRT with a manual.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:11 AM

I'm not pissed and even if its a 1/4 second slower than the fastest car is it not still a fast car? Wait and see......
Old 04-25-2008, 03:16 AM

This has been an issue since the concept car was introduced in 2006... and you're just NOW getting po'd about it?

If you're really that "pissed"... as lear has mentioned, there are plenty of other alternatives for you to explore. Please do.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:37 AM

I'm an old guy and used to have a 70 Challenger for a family car. Yes it was bigger than a Carmaro but they couldnt keep up. My chevy friends used to say they could put a fast chevy togrther out of a junk yard. I told them if it wasent for chevy's there wouldnt be junk yards.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 AM

Heavy car, means I get to mod the hell out of it to kill chevys.

Quick Reply: Anybody else Ticked?