Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Anything you DON'T like about the new Challenger

Old 04-24-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anything you DON'T like about the new Challenger

ORIGINAL: chill21genlee

For me, even though it would be completely impractical, I would have loved if they had done the full grill with the mech headlight covers, a la the 69 charger.
Don't get me wrong, she's still a beauty, but I was curious about everyone's input on the stuff they don't like, no matter how minute
Why would you want hide-away headlights? The original Challenger never had them.

I had cars with hide-away headlights and they are prone to malfunctioning.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dual headlights are where its at on the Challengers.. Now the new Charger on the other hand should have the Challenger nose with Hideaways. It would much more of a seller.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

That would be sad of there was no rectagular exhaust as that is what I had on my '73 Challenger.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

For me, even though it would be completely impractical, I would have loved if they had done the full grill with the mech headlight covers, a la the 69 charger.
Don't get me wrong, she's still a beauty, but I was curious about everyone's input on the stuff they don't like, no matter how minute
Why would you want hide-away headlights? The original Challenger never had them.

Apparently you didn't have a Toyota, the ones on my 90 GTS work just fine!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

What I don't like is the following:

1. the W5A580 5-speed being the automatic choice. I don't like foreign brand technology being used on a Chrysler product no matter whether that technology comes from Mercedes, Mitsubishi, or Hyundai. Plus it isn't cheap to build nor a very efficient design.

2. The LY platform being a modified MB E-class platform. Same reason as the automatic also because it makes it more expensive to produce and weighs a lot more as well.

3. 20 inch tires. It looks like it has been "pimped out" like that. I prefer Ralley Wheels no larger than 18 inches.

4. (If it is offered) 3.5L 4 valve per cylinder SOHC V6 as the base engine. Even though I like this engine and swear by it, a V6 version of the 5.7L Hemi is more appropriate for this class. This is supposed to be a heritage muscle car, not a high tech line. Heavier models are better fitted with OHV engines due to their torque characteristics are better suited for the weight.

Beyond that, I love it just the way it is.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-25-2007, 06:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That it is not available now!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

I knew someone would say that. I think we all would agree on that one.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-26-2007, 09:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I said this b/c I am actually more of a Charger guy when it comes to the old muscle cars. But Dodge took a big dump on my new CHarger and made it a gloified Sedan, so I was jsut stating what my personal preferences would be. I also said in the original post that I know it was impractical and prone to malfunction, I just really loved the look of it on the old Chargers. Just makes the car look much more menacing when the headlights are hidden, in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 PM

I like it the way it is. It is a much better rendition of the original than the Mustang or the (gag) Camaro.[sm=yikesomg.gif]
Old 04-27-2007, 02:15 AM

The shifter that they came up with for this car. I've commented on this before but you asked what I don't like. The trainy is also a poor choice.

Quick Reply: Anything you DON'T like about the new Challenger