Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

awwww shucks

Old 08-22-2008, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: awwww shucks

I bought A SRT8 6.1 Hemi because its the fastest Hemi Dodge has ever made...Who cares if I bought over MSRP and why would you care. Can't you just be happy for us and stop being negative. All of us babyboomers who are well off right now can buy any hemi challenger or cuda out there but we did'nt, we wanted the new SRT8 HEMI.
James, congratulations on owning the fine automobile and being able to afford it so easily that money was not an issue. Seriously those are signs of success, good for you! Now I don’t read every thread so I can’t be 100% but most of us talking MSRP are trying to help each other out. We’re mostly the GenX crowd still paying our mortgages or older folks who don’t like markup on principal. If we sometimes sound negative it is because if some people did not feed the beast the markup would die. As the 2009 models and Camaros hit the street that will happen anyway.
I’m sure at car shows, burger joint parking lots and stop lights MSRP won’t come up.

John

Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 AM

Well quite possibly at stop lights. I mean if a guy pays over MSRP for his "HOT" Camaro and constantly gets burned by a Challenger, he will be upset he paid over MSRP for an inferior car! ROTFLMAO
Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 AM

ahhh maybe but im with HemiCuda, good for you honestly...
But isn't the Charger just as fast??? Honestly?? There's not a real difference in the two, till the 6spd come out. Besides looks.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:36 PM

But looks is what it's ALL about. Realistically, we'd all probably be better off buying Honda Accord Coupes. They're nice cars, get great mileage and the company doesn't appear in danger of disappearing anytime soon. But no, we're getting Challengers. Because of the looks.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:48 PM
mac

Hey you might get their faster but you will run out of gas sooner and my R/T will pass you by the road. Of course with that logic the V6 will pass me by too. Might have to rethink my R/T purchase; I hate outthinking myself!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
mac

Excellent post, totally agree.