Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Barrett Jackson Car Auction (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/barrett-jackson-car-auction-2309/)

JJMPB 01-14-2008 06:26 AM

RE: Barrett Jackson Car Auction

is the money going to some sort of charity?

HeyItsWes 01-14-2008 06:36 AM

It benefits notMyKid.

Anyway, I estimate around $175k.

Yankee 01-14-2008 06:46 AM

Are you guys referring to the "third" Challenger being auctioned off?

If so, I have to beg to differ with some of you. I honestly don't see it going nearly as high as the first 2 - mainly because much of the hoopla is already starting to die down, plus there have been camo (and supposed real) shots of the actual production vehicle, which is only a few weeks away from being introduced as opposed to a few months like when the first two were auctioned... I'm of the opinion that the "thrill" is largely gone.

BUT... having said that, I know that there are an awful lot of folks out there with alot more dollars than sense, so some of your stratospheric predictions COULD be right. I just don't see why anyone in their right mind would do it, even if it is for a good cause - but that's just me. :)

mopar2ya 01-14-2008 07:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Are you guys referring to the "third" Challenger being auctioned off? :)
ACTUALLY< Barrett Jackson Will be for the #1 Challenger.

Only the #2 has been auctioned to date. Ebay auction open only to dealers, won by Dave Smith Motors of Kellog, ID. ($175,407.07)

#3 will be an Ebay auction open to the general public... probably announced sometime in February.

AnthonyAtAkins 01-14-2008 07:26 AM

If it's for #1, and they have numbered dash plaques like they're talking about, I could see $250k+

Paladin06 01-14-2008 07:42 AM

If you don't know about BJ, check them out. The #1 Shelby GT500 last year went for over $1M.. I expect this car to surpass that number. There is big money at BJ, real big money. The big guys there spend $1M to $5M on cars each year.

mopar2ya 01-14-2008 07:50 AM

A cool million... hmmm... maybe I under estimate the pocketbooks and practicality of the super-rich?

HeyItsWes 01-14-2008 07:51 AM

Paladin06 has a good point. It'll go even higher if Ron Pratte is bidding.

mopar2ya 01-14-2008 07:54 AM

Ahh... the guy that likely suprised everbody with the $4.1 million Futurliner bus winning bid.

HeyItsWes 01-14-2008 08:05 AM

And of course $5 mil on the 1966 Shelby Super Snake.