Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Barrett Jackson Car Auction (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/barrett-jackson-car-auction-2309/)

mopar2ya 01-19-2008 11:30 AM

RE: Barrett Jackson Car Auction

Anybody see that '70 r/t 440 plum crazy 'vert go for $120k. Absolutely Beautiful car... I'd say someone got a bargain!!

mopar2ya 01-19-2008 12:18 PM

SWEET!! 1970 HEMI 'Cuda black/black with a 4-speed, Super Track Pack... $245,000... 2nd only to Tony Stewart/Home Depot NASCAR in this years auction.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...tNumber=1254.1

EDIT: 'Cuda slipped to #5... [&:]

Paladin06 01-19-2008 03:04 PM

Just got back from 5 1/2 hours of BJ. Man it is totally awesome. You would have to see it too believe it. I didn't stay for the Challenger auction because the car IS NOT going to be there. If you are a registered bidder you get a brochure of pics and info to bid on the car from. They only had the concept Challenger and Cuda there for the show. I was told by a Dodge representative that specs, options and build start date for 2009 will be announced at the New York Car show after the Detroit Car Show.

:( Now the bad news is I had equipment failure and didn't get many pics but I do have memories of some of the most awesome cars I have ever seen in my 52 years that will last forever.

70sguy 01-19-2008 03:08 PM

what time does it auction?

Paladin06 01-19-2008 03:09 PM

2100 hours!!

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

what time does it auction?

Paladin06 01-19-2008 03:12 PM

PS - I also asked about the Rams head and if there was any chance it could/would be opted out. The rep there told me that Dodge/Chrysler has heard the publics cry to remove it from the nose of the car but, that corporate has stated the Ram stays!![:@]

No problem, If they won'y dump it, I damn sure will..;)

RoswellGrey 01-19-2008 06:32 PM

Leave it to a corporation to screw something up. At least we ARE getting the Challenger, though.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-19-2008 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

PS - I also asked about the Rams head and if there was any chance it could/would be opted out. The rep there told me that Dodge/Chrysler has heard the publics cry to remove it from the nose of the car but, that corporate has stated the Ram stays!![:@]

No problem, If they won'y dump it, I damn sure will..;)
This post aggrevated me so I went out to my minivan to see on the Ram was attached and it is easily removable with 1 screw. I will have to find an aftermarket Dodge emblem to attach.

My guess is that it is Mark Bosanac/Vice President - Marketing that is responsbile for the RAM head staying on. Mr. Bosanac is responsible for all Canadian vehicle product planning, volume planning, marketing strategies, and brand development.

Well sorry to say but I will tell corporate the Ram goes on my car. "RAM TOUGH" that is for a truck not a car.

ResumeSpeed 01-19-2008 07:59 PM

Challenger #1 SOLD for $400,000.00

awsure 01-19-2008 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: awsure

Make for a good poll question. My guess is $400k
Am I good or what?

$400k on the dot!!!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Jeremiah 29:11 01-19-2008 08:13 PM

I feel mixed, that is awesome because it is a great car but disgusting because it will set the wrong precedent possibly for production cars that we will buy.

thenatural 01-19-2008 08:23 PM

True since the production is not as close as everyone says

mtrcuda 01-19-2008 09:24 PM

Does anyone else think BJ and "Speed" scwewed up the sale of the Challenger??? I was really disappointed in what they showed and what they didn't show. Does anyone else think Ford had something to do with it??????????

stevelegel 01-19-2008 09:28 PM

see my reaction under the other B J thread

BootCamp 01-20-2008 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: mtrcuda

Does anyone else think BJ and "Speed" scwewed up the sale of the Challenger??? I was really disappointed in what they showed and what they didn't show. Does anyone else think Ford had something to do with it??????????
Ford sponsored the "event". Why do you think the highest prices were paid for the vintage Shelby's and the new KR? Carroll was there, sold his personal GT500 there, Pratte made sure he had HIS money there for those items (including that disgusting beheamoth - the Blastolene), and then everything (the big money) evaporated right after that.
Don't get me wrong - Pratte donated a LOT of money to the charities that were properly represented, and got a couple of nice cars in the process. I respect that. But when a "17-year old novelty" such as "Robosaurus" brings $175,000.00 more than a number 1 production car - the proceeds of the sale of which go to charity - something's very wrong.

It's no wonder that the Corvette #1 and the Challenger #1 were on the docket so late. Why would B-J put those cars in "prime" time when the sponsor had a car and a cause to showcase?

Cuda340 01-20-2008 09:08 AM

Also, no commissions for BJ.

kramtrah 01-20-2008 09:31 AM

the funny thing watching the sale of the KR was listening to the Ford rep talk about the charity and then mentioning the incorrect charity. He spoke of the charity that was to be for the ZR1.

DSkippy 01-22-2008 06:59 AM

Kudos, Awsure on the prognostication.

lear4406 01-22-2008 08:33 AM

And he was right about the $400K on the #1 08 Challenger;):D:D:D:D

DSkippy 01-22-2008 09:50 AM

Say good night Gracey! ;)

That old gag!