Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Batteries Not Included

Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Batteries Not Included

Ok, just bear with me a second. Pretend you are a kid again, and Christmas time has rolled around. Its Christmas day and you are opening your stack of presents. You have a pretty decent haul, but nothing that really exites you all that much. Just when you thought it was over, your dad pulls a BIG box out of the back room. Excitedly you open it up and find THE COOLEST R/C Car you have ever seen! You jump with joy and tear into the package. You and your dad finish putting it all together but there is a problem. NO BATTERIES! And its Christmas day, so there are NO stores open.

Pretty Sad huh? Imagine how you would feel if it was you.

Now lets put a twist on it. You open up your big package and it contains....Batteries. Nothing else. Just the batteries for the coolest R/C Car on the planet. Mkay....

That is how I am feeling right now haha!

I just got a box in the mail today with my first round of mods. But...You guessed it! No car to put them on. I was trying so hard not to think about the car so that time would pass faster. And this box shows up as a glaring reminder that I COULD have had my car by now if they had shipped it after they finished putting the stripes on. Oh well, life goes on. I am pretty much resigned that I will not see my car for another 4-6 months, as it has almost no chance left of getting here before I leave.

Here's a Pic of my toys.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 AM

Default RE: Batteries Not Included

SKiDs, very nice bud! I feel for you there as all of my 1st round goodies all came in a month before my first SRT. I was so happy that I had all of my toys and was just waiting to put them on. Now, I have to wait again for the car to put them on!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:28 AM

Dont know if this helps any... but the Challenger comes with a battery pre-installed from the factory... all charged up and ready to go...
Old 10-14-2008, 05:38 AM

Mopar2ya can find a silver lining on anything
Old 10-14-2008, 06:02 AM

skids, from what ive read you made the right choice going with c&l setup. its the nicest cold air kit out there. i just wish SCTflash would come out with their programmer. vynle
Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM

PREDATORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 AM

The C&L is a nice setup. I went with it for 2 reasons.

1. It boasts up to 935 CFM of Airflow. Of course that is without a shroud of any kind. Thats fine for drag racing, but with prolonged use the air temperature under the hood gets too high and causes performance loss. The best set up for a normal driving conditions is to use the C&L kit with a slightly modified stock bottom base. This lowers the airflow a bit, but keeps the intake temps much lower for more consistant performance.

2. The Cast Aluminum Intake tube looks great under the hood! It compliments the SRT Intake Manifold really well. And the huge filter just screams high performance. I saw a pic of this setup installed on another forum, and I knew I had to have it.

When I found the C&L Intake, T-Stat, and Predator all in one combo at Bamachips.com, that sealed the deal. The guys there will even set me up with a custom tune for the predator for free. All I have to do is send them a copy of the stock tune, and they will do the rest. That is really helpfull as I really dont know what Im doing when it comes to tweeking tunes. All in all a good deal. Ill let you guys know how it all performs once I get them in the car. Im going to wait until after the break-in period before I install the mods. That should give me a decent base-line to go off of for the comparison.

Edit: Heres a pic of the unit installed.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 AM

Who did you orger that stuff from. Who's Cold air intake? I have the car but I need the good stuff.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 AM

As stated in my previous post, I ordered this kit in a combo package from Bamachips.com for $599. The CAI is by C&L, the T-Stat is by JET. Here is a link to the combo deal. Click Here

There are cheaper kits out there, but as I said, I really like the C&L. And the fact that they will provide you with a custom tune for free is really nice.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:34 AM

Does SCT make a tuner that works with the Challenger? For instance is there an XCAL2/3 that works with it?

Quick Reply: Batteries Not Included