Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Car Cover

Old 09-23-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover

you guys find any other car covers then the Mopar one or is everyone getting that one?
I got a tree that drops yellow drops on my car now

Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Car Cover

The Mopar one with the Challenger marking is an exceptional cover and well worth the money but enough about that. You mean to tell me you park your Challenger outside?

Shame on you.[]
Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Paladin06

The Mopar one with the Challenger marking is an exceptional cover and well worth the money but enough about that. You mean to tell me you park your Challenger outside?

I also have the Mopar cover and it's worth every penny...excellent quality. I use it on my Challenger everyday at work.........and put it back on at night while it's parked in the garage......maybe be overkill........but what can I say

Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM

He ain't the only one Paladin.

The car covers available at Wal-Mart will do in a pinch. Although they list "Dodge Challenger" on their size chart, I think they mean an original Challenger. Kinda tight on the '09, but in a pinch, they work.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:14 PM

how much was that Walmart one?

I have to park mine outside.
I'm a Music Producer and Sound Designer for films and as soon and I bought my house Gutted the Garage to put a 5.1 studio in it for working........8)
Havng a 15 ft commute to work is a lot better then having to drive someone.
I would love to have the garage again for this car........8( but then I think about having to commute in L.A. Traffic..........nah......hehe

Old 09-23-2008, 06:49 PM

If your cover would be getting sticky stuff on it, better make sure it's easy to wash. Seems obvious, but if you don't you'll wind up smearing it all over your car anyway.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:04 PM

About $42 bucks, Carbon. There's a cheaper one, but I went ahead and spent the big bucks.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:13 PM

Last weekend, I had to park my 2009 R/T under my office building while away for a business trip and I bought a generic car cover from COSTCO for $33 and it fits like a glove.

The XL size is the only one that fits. It has retaining straps that attach under the car (front and rear) it really is great car cover using quality NOAH-like material.

I would never leave this car cover on the car outside exposed to the elements. But, in a car garage, it's certainly good enough to keep prying eyes off my car and from touching.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:21 PM

I also have the Mopar car cover. This is an exeptional car cover. Reminds me of the Noah car cover I bought from autosportscatalog.com. Since this material is the same as theNoah this wont scratch, stain, and or allow light rain to penetrate the cover. Also the cover allows the paint to remain cool and blocks ultraviolet rays with ease. Don't buy inexpensive covers guys, buy the good one and it will last you longer and protect better. Will try to post photo, when I can borrow a camera. The fit is exeptional, it was made for the vehicle. Fits like a glove.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM

I'm sure you're right, TRW. But when you need a car cover at 11 p.m. and Wal-Mart is open ...

Quick Reply: Car Cover