Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

car on showroom floor in Jan.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car on showroom floor in Jan.

The dealership called to check on my last viset and how things were. The call came from the main office of the dealers chain. She said the dealership I deal with was going to have a Challenger on showroom floor for people to see in mid Jan. I Q? her and said "How when they don't start building them till Feb." her reply was I don't know but they will have one. I am in Tucson AZ. Is it posable they will have a consept stand in for the Barrett auction there?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: car on showroom floor in Jan.

ORIGINAL: Rich Knapp

The dealership called to check on my last viset and how things were. The call came from the main office of the dealers chain. She said the dealership I deal with was going to have a Challenger on showroom floor for people to see in mid Jan. I Q? her and said "How when they don't start building them till Feb." her reply was I don't know but they will have one. I am in Tucson AZ. Is it posable they will have a consept stand in for the Barrett auction there?

That's hard to believe. Dodge is really keeping the production car under wraps. The concept car will be a "stand-in" for the 2008 production model at Barrett-Jackson, and the official unveiling will not be until the Feb. 3 Chicago Auto Show.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:56 AM

I guess you miss read post i think maybe the stand in for the auction may be the one they get to have on floor for a few days.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 PM

i'll have to check on that, when i get to work in the morning. i know it will be the "stand in" for the auction, then i heard it'll be going right after that to the east coast for something, or some show.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Now I think it was a missunderstanding and comunication on there part. The corp. scedualing office (tower) told me that they would have a car but no one at the dealer ship knows anything about it.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM

the concept will drive across the "block" standing in for the production car saturday sometime, then gets shipped to the east coast for a show.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:10 PM

Ya doing more digging and checking I think it was a sales pitch to get me in there early. Don't know why they have over 100 between paid up front, pre-orders with large $$$ down and on list for cars just at my dealer. We all know it is going to be hard for them to fill this list if at all most will have to get 09's or 10's. stinks living is city of over 500,000 people. We may just have to do long trip to a smaller town to buy.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:03 PM

I just returned from the local Dodge dealership (Five Star), where I have an order in for a 2008 Challenger (second on the list), also at MSRP. I was told that this particular dealership will be receiving two challengers (hemi-orange / silver & black) mid-Feb. Even though myself and individual number one both ordered hemi-orange, I would have "dib's" on the silver & black if I was interested. So does this mean that Dodge already has a fleet of these vehicles produced or is someone just blowing smoke? Regardless.....Dodge is playing a good game of cat and mouse.......I like it!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: claymore
So does this mean that Dodge already has a fleet of these vehicles produced or is someone just blowing smoke? Regardless.....Dodge is playing a good game of cat and mouse.......I like it!
Someone is blowing smoke...