Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Availability

Old 03-26-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Challenger Availability

During the last SRT Chat session (March 23), someone asked if the inventory of the Challenger was going to be tight the first year and if dealers would gouge customers with excessive markups, like what happened with the 300C SRT its first year. They also asked if Challengers buyers could look forward to at least a halfway reasonable supply come launch time next year.

Here is the SRT engineers' reply:

"First of all, you are correct that we cannot control what a dealer charges. Nor can we artificially control inventory. Obvioulsy it is in our best interest to get as many cars out as we can while a product is hot. My only suggestion to you is to shop around various dealers when the time comes. We have many dealers, and they all adopt a slightly different business philosophy."
Old 03-26-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Availability

This is my take on the dealer gouging thing, if the dealer really want to sell more of these cars and help Chrysler out, especially in her time of need, they will sell them for what MSRP is. But you know supply and demand is, especially to the greedy dealers, they really could give a rats ass and are looking to line their pockets with your hard earned money.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 AM

exactly
Old 03-26-2007, 05:22 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar440
But you know supply and demand is, especially to the greedy dealers, they really could give a rats ass and are looking to line their pockets with your hard earned money.
I couldn't agree more, my dealer told me to look forward to a low to mid 40 figure[:@]

Old 03-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Cuda340,

Sounds like you have some inside scoop. I like many others are waiting on a production date. Spring 2008 is availability. Only making 30,000 to 50,000 of these rides they will be swallowed up fast. I have my name in at 5 different dealerships waiting to put a deposit down for my order of one.

Any insight you can give as to when a production date will be announced so I can run to the dealership to drop some cash down to get it line will be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 AM

The production version of the Challenger is going to be seen at the Febuary 08 Chicago Auto Show, its will be available right after that most likely in late March or Early April. If your interested in purchasing on, I would keep in touch with your network of dealers starting at least in Dec 07 to see when you can actually order one. I believe dealers will get info on the car for ordering a couple of months before hand. You also have to remember some dealers will get some and some won't. I would be very surprised if my dealer even gets one, cause its not a 5 star dealer and kinda small Dodge dealer at least the first MY.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 AM

Thanks for the tip. Only dealing with 5 stars. All are telling me the same. Haven’t heard about the production model being on display Feb 08 auto shows but makes sense. Hope they do not hack this thing up from the concept version.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Hi there !!! Not much new at Brampton Assembly ( Home of the Challenger !! ) We are scheduled for 3 weeks down time in August. It is my guess that this time will be used for re-tooling areas and getting everything ready to start making these vehicles. I'd be very very surprised if anything significant happens before that as far as production is concerned..We are looking forward to finally seeing these beasts roll off the line !!!!!..
Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

We certainly have talked about it before:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/m_10114/tm.htm
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 PM

Edited my post on Challenger show dates, I read the dates wrong, or should I say year wrong.

Quick Reply: Challenger Availability