Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger (Grand Turismo Style)

Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger (Grand Turismo Style)

Anyone see these renderings yet?
Makes me think of my nitro RC car days
http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/20...Bo-Zolland.htm
Old 01-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Default RE: Challenger (Grand Turismo Style)

looks like domestic rice to me but that is just imo
Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM

looks like a drifting car
Old 01-12-2009, 10:41 PM

Looks like an American Rice Burner in my opinion. Challengers werent made for drifts, they were made for Straight line and simply V8 fun.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:33 AM

they defenitly weren't made for drifting that is a rice sport
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 AM

Here in Ohio, every car is a drift car. Driving sideways in the snow is the only thing that keeps me smiling in the winter months. As for the renderings, if they were street cars, yes, they would be ricey. That said, I really like racing that requires turning in both directions. Seeing the Challenger back in any form of road racing would be just fine by me. Call it rice if you like, but I know what lies beneath those flares and spoilers. If those parts are on the car to increase track performance, I am in favor.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:01 AM

ORIGINAL: FAD1

Looks like an American Rice Burner in my opinion. Challengers werent made for drifts, they were made for Straight line and simply V8 fun.
Well the world champing drifter does it in a mustang. What are you saying , americans can't do well in a jap sport.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 AM

I posted a few of these pictures a while back...I hope that perhaps they could be racing at LeMans in the future...showing foreign racers what American muscle is all about....Would be the first large American sedans since a couple of NASCAR types tried it many years ago (and didn't do to badly I might add).
Personally I just can't get into Drifting...unless it's American horsepower on a dirt track...now there's real drifting...................
Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 PM

It would be sweet to see Challengers racing, although I do not think that Le Mans would have a class where they could be competitive. Prototype classes are purpose-built race cars. The GT classes are for race-modified street cars, and are usually dominated by Porsches, Ferraris, Corvettes, Vipers etc. The Corvettes have been exceptionally successful recently, so the U.S. has been holding its own. Asking the Challenger to compete on a track against pure sports cars with equal modification would not be fair. If Chrysler had the money it would make a great publicity stunt though.

A better venue would be NASCAR going back to true stock-car racing and letting the pony cars compete in a league there. Or maybe something like the German DTM series where you have bigger touring cars racing, rather than mid-engine sports cars.

I'm not into drifiting as a sport, but it is fun as a spectacle. To dismiss it as exclusively Japanese is silly. Almost every car commercial in America features wild powerslides. Getting sideways is as American as a large V8.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Thor77

A better venue would be NASCAR going back to true stock-car racing and letting the pony cars compete in a league there.
Truer words were never spoken. However, I don't think we'll ever see that happen.

Quick Reply: Challenger (Grand Turismo Style)