Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Hater

Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Challenger Hater

What do you guys think about this comment someone made on the Camaro forum about the Challenger. The guy is a real comedian:

"Is there any one else who thinks the Challenger looks like it needs a diet? Gee- its pudgy and slab-sided. Kinda like most of its drivers!"
Old 04-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say after having gotten my Challenger last week, it's one beautiful car! I've looked at it from all angles, and I haven't seen a bad line on it yet. They did a heck of a job when they designed it.

Yes, it's big for a sports car, but I like it that way. I've got two sons, a seven year old and a 17 year old. The seven year old always has to sit in the back, and the 17 year old will occasionally. I'm not a big guy and neither is my eldest son. Even with all that there ain't a lot of room in the back. All I know is I'd sure hate to try to sit them in the back of a Camaro or a Mustang knowing what I know about the Challenger. As I said, it works just fine for me. And yes, I am a little pudgy around the middle, but so what. I love the Challenger! It's a joy to drive!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 AM

I guess some folks just don't have anything good to say. Or thats how they percieve us as the enemy.I like the new Camaro and Mustang and am glad that the bowtie and blue oval have a car of their own. I guess you just have to overlook the haters you will always have on every board. But we were called heavy back in the 70s and guess what... who do they remember most from those days. If you have a movie and you want your hero or the worst villan to drive an exceptional car. They will be in a Mopar. So just let em talk and we'll just set them straight on the street.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Well he is entitled to his opinion. For me both cars look good and it depends on what you are looking for. I like the more retro look of the Challenger than the futuristic look of the Camaro. If I wanted the futuristic look I would get something more like the Lotus Evora.
Attached Thumbnails lotus-evora_main_msp.jpg  
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 AM

This shouldn't surprise any of you guys. You know how it is. There are haters on all sides of the fence. People trash the Challenger a lot on Camaro forums, less so on Mustang forums that I've seen but it still happens. Ditto here. There are fanboys all over the place.

Who cares what that douche has to say on the matter anyway. I for one have only minimal loyalties. I love the Challenger and it was originally my first choice. I do like my Mustang but if I hadn't been impatient and had kept saving I would've ended up with an R/T for sure.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Wink Be thankful that fools can speak and demonstrate their lack of intelligence

Try not to let what others say bother you. The world is full of opinions and be thankful that we have the freedom to disagree, even if the one who disagrees has chosen to take the opportunity to speak their mind and displays their lack of logical and rational thought. Words are like swords, they can be used to defeat your foes if used correctly...or they can be fallen on if used foolishly.

It is to be expected. I'm not a fan of the styling of the Camaro, though I chose to be professional about my dislike and I don't turn it personal like chubby cheeks did. https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/im...ons/icon12.gif

The other issue is that the Challenger as if pointed out many times is a size larger than the Camaro and Mustang. It is about 7.3 inches longer. The Camaro isn't exactly anorexic either at over 3900 pounds on Auto SS models. The Mustang is the lightest one of the group and the difference in length is less than half of the difference in size between it and the Camaro, so if one wanted to be a pain about the issue, the Camaro pretty porky as well.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM

I have been lurking on the Camaro Forum and they are really in for a suprise on the streets of any town USA. Some less expierenced Camaro guys think that a 300 HP 6 slugs will be competition for an R/T Challenger. We are called porky at 300 lbs more than them and under powered SRT-8s at 1 HP difference. Wow... just wow. But they do have some guys who try to stir them to some form of sanity, but they just go off on a tissy. So we have some like that but they seem to have a few more. The Musatng boys are more realistic, but still have a few that are out there. 2010 GT vs. R/T... drivers race. 2010 SS vs. SRT-8... drivers race. And that is just how it is. After mods... just a $$$$ game.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:14 AM

Smile

Look at it this way....If everyone loved the new Challenger there wouldn't be a market for the new Camaro and the sales would dry up on the Mustangs, leaving only other Challengers to race against...and who wants to beat their own...it's not as much fun as beating "the other guy".
Personally I am glad there are those out there that don't care for the Challenger...I don't want everyone driving the same car I do....keep it limited to those who know just how great the new Challenger is......It's not perfect, but it's better than what the other guy is offering....(just my two cents)
Old 04-09-2009, 06:28 AM

Wink

By the way.....getting very, very tried of hearing people say that the Challenger is to big and overweight......Need to remind them that the first Challenger was the biggest "pony" car back in 1970...so what's new?? It kicked butt then and it kicks butt now...again, so what's new? Get over it or loss the weight by dumping the passenger seat, back seats, radio, carpeting, rear view mirror, cigarette lighter, owners manual, etc, etc….
OR, just keep kicking butt on the strip, then cruise home with the AC going, and the stereo playing car songs all the way……………
Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM

Yeah, let the haters drink a tall frosty glass of haterade. The greatness of the Challenger is unquestionable.