Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger / Mustang / Camaro Size Comparison

Old 05-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger / Mustang / Camaro Size Comparison

I got a little bored and with everyone saying how huge the Challenger is I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to see for myself. Below is a general representation of the cars and how they stack up size-wise. I found it interesting so I figure I'd post it here, too.

The Challenger is the biggest in 4 of the 6 comparisons. However, the Camaro looks to be the widest car of them all. Interesting.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Default RE: Challenger / Mustang / Camaro Size Comparison

Historically the Mopars were a bit bigger than thier Ford and GM counterparts as well. Really nothing new here, but it seems the weight is the issue of concern for most. Seeing some pictures with the Challenger and Mustang side by side it looks like the Challenger is just possibly a little bigger, but nothing that struck me as unusually larger. Still, having not seen one up close and personal leaves me guessing a bit. By the way... the artwork is fabulous! Thanks for the graphical representation.

By the looks of your err... umm... graphical rendition, I am curious how the Camaro is going to look next to the other two... other than ugly. Appears it might have a rather unusual stance?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Venthos, I have to admit I have never seen that kind of graphical analysis before but it certainly works.

The larger Challenger certainly makes it more of a practical muscle car because of the additional legroom and trunk space.

I wish I had that kind of time on my hands.

Thanks for sharing.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:14 AM

ya should of made the mustang mary kay pink and the camaro lavender. lol[&:]
Old 05-26-2008, 08:37 AM

With 3 kids and a lovely wife, my requirement for a 5 passenger car is probably not common. But to be able to drop the kids off at the babysitters on the way to a date night with my wife, this Challenger really fits the bill. While I wish it was a bit lighter, I'm thrilled that it's big enough for the whole family.

Take a look around and try to find something nice that seats 5. There is nothing nearly as gorgeous as the Challenger. Although I really wanted a muscle car, I was considering the Caddy CTS-V and the Jaguar XF supercharged before it was published that the Challenger was a 5-passenger gift from heaven. Although the 550+ HP of the CTS is tempting, it just doesn't have the timeless lines nor the nostalgia of the Challenger. And although the Jag is beautiful, it's a little too conservative for my tastes. Both the Mustang and Camaro are too small for this family guy, and they don't really turn me on anyway.

So the compromise in weight is worth it to me, to have such a beautiful and roomy muscle car as the Challenger.

Can't wait to get my paws on mine!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:14 AM

Wow! I had no idea the Camaro was going to be so small! Kudos on the graph. It really puts things into perspective.