Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger News

Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger News

This is a blog from a few months ago however, I had not seen it posted here yet. Some interesting information.

http://hemidakota.blogspot.com/2006/...r-crystal.html
Old 03-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Challenger News

Big Mag Wheel,

we thank you for the link.

I believe the Dodge fans already know this information, however, it's a good idea to summarize it again.

#1. Dodge Challenger production to run from 30.000 to 50,000 muscle cars per year.[sm=happy046.gif]

bring back the retro Plymouth Barracuda design. For the muscle car collector, this is one car that is most sought after these days. Already told before, the Plymouth nameplate will "NOT" be resurrected and the model name will be shortened and labeled under the Chrysler brand for a limited historical production run

#2. Chrysler Barracuda will run once again as a limited production vehicle a la` Plymounth Prowler.[sm=ts.gif]

Following this, 3,000 to 4,000 copies of an SRT8 model will appear shortly there after and will sport the next SRT's top Hemi brand hot engine. Currently, this new powertrain, coupled with the latest Viper 6-Speed manual tranny is under going testing in other modified SRT8 mules.

#3. Dodge Challenger Super Hemi (for want of a better term) will return probably sporting the 6.4 Litre HEMI that everyone hears DCX is testing. [sm=gears.gif]

SRT and members of the SkunkWerks Engineering team, will attempt a "Unique Model" above the SRT version. As told by our friend, something that will be inline with performance cars north of 80,000 dollars

#4. Limited Edition Dodge Challenger HO (High Output) with a Viper price.......[sm=bling.gif]

convertible version? The answer is YES! It can be done and expect something within 24-months of initial production.

#5. Dodge Challenger convertible with a hardtop retractable roof! Money in the bank for DCX......Bring in on![sm=drlove.gif]

With all these itinerations being considered for the upcoming LY platform, I believe DCX will keep the Brampton plant running at three full shifts.....thereby producing 300,000 vehicles off this platform.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:34 AM

so will the chrysler cuda be the challenger with different body panels swaped or will it be it's own car?

Jake
Old 03-22-2007, 05:34 PM

A Chrysler 'Cuda? Doesn't sound right. Hence, re-badging is in order.

[IMG]local://upfiles/148/0F8B350E440546709D751DB5244BD641.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned

#4 BS They dont need two cars priced that closely that are pretty much the same thing. They cannot give the Viper away as it is, the last thing it needs is comp on the same showroom floor.

The new Vette, the Blue Devil or SS or what ever will own that price catagory anyway.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:38 AM

This is my thought on badging, if they come out with the Challenger's Evil Twin, instead on badging them like Chrysler 'Cuda, Chrylser Plymouth 'Cuda,.

Just make it simple, badge the car "HEMI 'CUDA"

It has already been stated that the Plymouth name plate is dead and won't be resurrected.

If they do come out with it, it will have different front facia and rear taillight assembly, most likely be the same body panels.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:23 AM

they would have to get rid of the lines on the side of the car wouldn't look right for a cuda

Jake
Old 03-24-2007, 10:20 AM

Well if they have changed they had two differrent body lines back in the 70's im sure they can do it again.. Your right challenger body line would be terrible on a Cuda.. Just call it straight "Barracuda" for v6's and "Cuda" for Hemi's.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM

The cuda is a great idea!... as for myself.. the only reason i dont buy a vette or viper is that i have a family and i cant justify not having seats for everyone. As long as gas prices stay below $6 a gallon the more power the better. I just hope there are others out there that see a luxury car as one with a whole lota horsepower.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:14 PM

davecpa,

I am thinking about selling my Corvette so that I can buy the Challenger. [sm=smiley19.gif] [sm=smiley19.gif]

My 2-car garage is full and something has to go if the Challenger finds its way to my home![sm=drooldude.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

However, this story can have a happy ending if my son decides to take the Corvette off my hands and still keep it in the family.

This way I can drive it occasionally, just to make sure it's still running OK.[sm=devilangel.gif][sm=devilangel.gif]

Quick Reply: Challenger News