Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Sales: Boom or Bust

Old 11-02-2008, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Sales: Boom or Bust

I'm actually hoping they AREN'T selling, that way I'll finally get a good deal on one instead of having to pay MSRP.

When the Pontiac GTOs came out in 04, Pontiac dealers were marking the prices up, not letting anyone near one with their roped-off showroom displays... then a funny thing happened - they didn't sell! (for a number of reasons, but that's another story). By the October 04 rolled around, not only were they finally allowing test drives, they had major discounts on them too, so I finally got one.

I'm hoping the same thing happens with the Challenger. Guess we'll see. Hopefully the new Camaro will help kill much of the hoopla and inspire dealers to finally start dealing.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:21 AM

Find this story, kind of interesting, http://www.nextautos.com/dodge-chall...-sales-numbers I may need to pick-up a second Challenger.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:02 AM

They didnt tell me what the interest rate or even how much I had been approved for. It was just a "Notice of action taken" letting me know that the app I submitted had been approved based upon the credit check they did.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: rickerda

Find this story, kind of interesting, http://www.nextautos.com/dodge-chall...-sales-numbers I may need to pick-up a second Challenger.
Unfortunately, it's not so much a "sales numbers" article as it is a "sales statistics" piece. I did find it interesting, though, that the average vehicle price listed for a V-8 Mustang during the time period was $31,581. It was during that time that I saw a Bullitt Mustang going for slightly over $32,000. You'd think that model would be a lot higher than the average price.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:20 AM
mac

Was curious, hope you qualify for the best rate they offer.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:55 AM

Challenger....right car (what people want)......wrong time (economy & uncertain times).....history repeating itself (1970)....again

(*Would love to see what actually sales are for the Challenger)
Old 11-02-2008, 09:57 AM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Challenger....right car (what people want)......wrong time (economy & uncertain times).....history repeating itself (1970)....again

Unfortunately, 1970 ISN'T repeating itself. If it were, I'd be 15 again.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

Unfortunately, 1970 ISN'T repeating itself. If it were, I'd be 15 again.
I was talking about the car, not people.......I don't want to return to High School just to get a good deal on a used 1970 Challenger
(But having said that..when driving the New Challenger....I do feel younger....at heart anyway)
Old 11-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Just my impressions, a local dealer has sold I think 15 Challengers, no SRT's but SE's and RT's. This dealer is selling alot of cars. I had stopped to look at the Challengers, he had three or four, the next week they were gone. Another dealer complained that he would prefer to get SE's but was unable to do so. He had two RT's on the showroom floor MSRP $37K. Those may take some time to sell, especially in these times.
The local Ford dealer has marked 08 Mustang GT's down to $19,999, MSRP was $27K, lots of incentives to move them. I know the Mustang is not a Challenger but it is interesting pricing, an indicator or how things are selling. I think more people know what a Mustang is than a Challenger. I have yet to see a Challenger commercial on TV and I watch quite a bit of TV.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:13 PM

Dodge Challenger continues to draw a crowd. In October, 3,014 units were sold, marking a 27 percent increase over September 2008 sales.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...0C7F6F13741%7D

Quick Reply: Challenger Sales: Boom or Bust