Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger SS

Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger SS

Do you have to pay gas guzzler tax or is it exempt since it's not a public road driven vehicle?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 PM

nah i think it will looks like the production car not it will not be street legal try explaining the wheelie bars to the cops thos help me get better trackion when my from end is coming off the ground officer lol
Old 01-30-2008, 05:24 PM

no gas guzzler tax it's not for street use
Old 01-30-2008, 05:29 PM

For how much gas it will use, I would think there would be a rebate from oil suppliers.

Eric
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

ORIGINAL: Thor77

If it looks like the concept, I'll be very tempted, although if it's not street legal that could put a damper on it for me, since I can only afford one, I might want to make it one I can drive.
Sounds like you could drive it anytime... 1/4 of a mile at a time...
Haha, your point is well taken. Perhaps I should have said "one I can drive on the street"
Old 03-24-2008, 07:51 AM

any info on this challenger yet didn't they say it would be ready to bu in march at your dealership
Old 03-24-2008, 02:41 PM

If they don't try to make this street legal it's kinda silly if you ask me. Make the care with no perks and street legal, come on how are you gonna get it off the lot??? LOL! I think there just teazing us, but I seriosly hope they make it just street legal.
They could drop a lot of weight, just take a page out of chevy's book like with the vette' and start using carbon fiber and aluminum. Sell it for more and make it really truly something reakon with
Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 PM

At least we know where the spoiler came from.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

If they don't try to make this street legal it's kinda silly if you ask me. Make the care with no perks and street legal, come on how are you gonna get it off the lot???
You get it off the lot on a trailer or flatbed.
This machine is made to drag race - nothing else. It's meant to rip the guts out of anything any of the other big three makers can bring to the dance. It'll turn 11.xxx's in the 1/4 mile - from Dodge.
The Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt (I believe 1964) was built in a similar (non-street legal) version for drag racing enthusiasts. There were others as well, although memory fails me as to exactly which ones were not street legal from the factory.
LOL! I think there just teazing us, but I seriosly hope they make it just street legal.
They could drop a lot of weight, just take a page out of chevy's book like with the vette' and start using carbon fiber and aluminum. Sell it for more and make it really truly something reakon with
They do this already. You can find it here. Of course there isn't much demand for these cars - probably why the Viper will become extinct in a few months.
[]