Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challengers and twisted necks

Old 11-22-2008, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challengers and twisted necks

Yesterday I drove about 120 miles to Ill . Went through a small town a teenager on a bike just about crashed looking at the car. On I74 a truck driver I passed looked so hard he was drifting to the right. On down a woman in a Monte Carlo merges in and pulls up along side and smiles really big . Later getting fuel a guy going into the store walking nearly run over as he turns and looks at the car not watching out for people pulling in for gas. Its amazing people just cant seem to believe what they are seeing. The car was great just crussing hard to stay out of the gas
Old 11-22-2008, 05:33 AM

Default RE: Challengers and twisted necks

We must learn to be careful with these Challengers... somebody is going to get hurt out there... [8D]
Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 AM

that is why i put the Old School Challenger badges on the front fenders so people would not drive ahead of me and try and see what kind of car it is it helps alot now
Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 AM

Thats called the "GRIN" factor
Old 11-22-2008, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: shaky-2

that is why i put the Old School Challenger badges on the front fenders so people would not drive ahead of me and try and see what kind of car it is it helps alot now
I dunno, Shaky. I've got "Challenger" in letters about 4 inches high in script on my side stripes and people STILL do weird stuff around me. The only difference is they know for sure it's a Challenger.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:25 PM

Went to the grocery store and people all around me were mesmerized! A few almost were run over by other vehicles that were driven by rubber neckers! I parked in the boon docks and when I returned from the store, there was a crowd standing around the RT. One guy asked me if it had been restored! I told him it was a new 2009 Challenger, and he said, "That's ice cold." Many people have no idea that it is new. Most think it is a nice restoration. It's bad A.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 PM

The response really is amazing, isn't it, ChallyTime? Welcome to the forum, btw.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:39 PM

I have also had someone think it was a nively restored older challenger. They were in awe when I told them it was a 2009!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:21 AM

On my way to work one day a guy driving next to me was paying way more attention to me then in front of him. Well, at 35 mph he plowed his Toyota something or other into the rear end of a large SUV. I saw it was going to happen so I slowed and moved over just in case there was any fallout in my lane. I fear this may happen over and over with people trying to look at the car.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 AM

OUCH..!!! [:@]

Quick Reply: Challengers and twisted necks