Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Cold Air Intake

Old 07-17-2008, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake

The MOPAR unit is also a less desirable two piece unit, composed of a metal tub and a rubber extension, unlike the C & L.
Just looked at Mopar, K&N and C&L. The C&L is also a metal tube with rubber clamped on ends. Unlike the other two, the C&L utilizes the stock air box.

If you like the C&L, I guess you could just buy a K&N filter from Auto Zone and drop it in the stock box, unless you just have to have a cast aluminum tube clamped to your stock parts.

I am going with the Mopar and I think the K&N CAI is just as good. They both replace the stock air box, which is this point, isnt it?

Dave
Old 07-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

The MOPAR unit is also a less desirable two piece unit, composed of a metal tub and a rubber extension, unlike the C & L.
Just looked at Mopar, K&N and C&L. The C&L is also a metal tube with rubber clamped on ends. Unlike the other two, the C&L utilizes the stock air box.

If you like the C&L, I guess you could just buy a K&N filter from Auto Zone and drop it in the stock box, unless you just have to have a cast aluminum tube clamped to your stock parts.

I am going with the Mopar and I think the K&N CAI is just as good. They both replace the stock air box, which is this point, isnt it?

Dave
The C & L unit uses a new molded filter shroud assembly. It attaches to the lower half of the factory air box assembly. Their unit flows the most air. Read the information on their web site at: http://www.cnlperformance.com/hemi.html
Old 07-17-2008, 04:22 PM

I dont have numbers on the C&L, but the Mopar CAI makes just under 26 HP over stock, and the K&N made just over 31 HP. It's only slightly less then 6HP, but for about half the money It was not a hard desision. The CAI, exhaust and tune, and I will see close to 500 HP at the crank.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I dont have numbers on the C&L, but the Mopar CAI makes just under 26 HP over stock, and the K&N made just over 31 HP. It's only slightly less then 6HP, but for about half the money It was not a hard desision. The CAI, exhaust and tune, and I will see close to 500 HP at the crank.
taste gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooood![sm=happy046.gif]
Old 07-17-2008, 05:27 PM

This may be trivial, but I think the blue mopar air filter looks prettier than the rust colored air filters of the other brands.
I think the mopar pipe looks good too, even if it is two pieces.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:55 PM

If it would get me more HP, I would paint the whole darn hemi rust colored ;-Þ
Old 07-18-2008, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found a great discussion about the benefits of the C & L cai. See:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=98913
Old 07-19-2008, 03:37 PM

keep it factory....i know first hand if you don't the first thing the dealer will do is blame a engine problem on after Market stuff.
your choice...if you want to save a buck it may cost you in the future....
i am sure all of them fuction the same....i have the mopar on mine and it looks good under the hood

Old 07-19-2008, 09:37 PM

I am getting the Mopar CAI... adds some HP and looks great doing it...
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM

Dealer can't blame a mod on a car.... He has to be able to prove it .... it is law... But on the other hand you can't say anything if it's MOPAR that's the beauty of it.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake